@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@northerner Read it like, “confront everything he fights for being shattered.” I think most people have been fine with the wording, though a few have been confused by it. I don’t know. I’ll consider possibly changing it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *gags* No THANK YOU.
Hm… good point. I’m drawing a blank though. I shall return if something comes to me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@northerner Good points.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hehe. Thanks. Would you like a crocodile toenail? Just looking at those things whisks you off into a land where the trees rocket into the firmament and the eternal marshlands teem with the untold tales of a thousand deeds the murk has hidden from our annals of history. If I had half a brain I’d charge you $300, but because you’re my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus you were born to sell things, weren’t you?
I love it. I think it’s great. Can’t find anything right off the top of my head that needs fixing.
And hey, it’s not flattery if it’s true, now is it?As for descriptions… solemn?
-
Daeus started the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
Hi Everyone,
I’m working on my book description now and would like your opinion. The first paragraph is one I wrote a while ago and feel settled on, so I don’t think I’ll change anything there unless there’s a glaring error, but the second part is what I’d particularly like your help on. And…*controls explosive laughter* I totally flattered…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
Hi Everyone,
I’m working on my book description now and would like your opinion. The first paragraph is one I wrote a while ago and feel settled on, so I don’t think I’ll change anything there unless there’s a glaring error, but the second part is what I’d particularly like your help on. And…*controls explosive laughter* I totally flattered…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus @dragon-snapper See you around!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Alright. I’m signing out. Thanks for writing everyone!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper @graciegirl @winter-rose I’ll be working on my book description. Don’t know how long it will take, but I’ll probably be at least a half hour.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
That’s probably about 200 normal book pages, I think.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@northerner Ah, I wish I could. Keep me in mind for the future since I always love beta reading, but at the moment I’m afraid I can’t add any more to my plate. 🙁
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Northerner I would love to, especially as this is one of my absolute favorite time-periods, but I’m afraid my schedule will not allow for any consistent sort of time-table, at least not currently. Keep me on your list of for the future though— I really want to read this.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Will do. Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Most of us are in EST, but we are spread across the globe. Just include your time zone in your post, and you should be fine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-girl Most of us are in EST, but we are spread across the globe. Just include your time zone in your post, and you should be fine.
-
Gracie replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali Thank you so much for your input! Ariszi is actually a boy’s name but I’ve often thought it sounded a bit girly myself. 🙂 As for the pronounciation you were very close. I always figured it like ‘Uh-riz-ee’. Thanks again! This has been most helpful 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Poor alpha reader. Alright. See you around.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Here. Have some lemonade. *hands you barrel*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Hmm. Hopefully bittersweet, not just bitter?
- Load More
