@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy would Kingdom Pen be ingdomKay enPay?
-
Gracie replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer This is really fun! I really like it! For some reason I really love the part where the peddler decides to try and help because ‘people said he was clever’. That was a great snippet of character development and really made me believe he’d had a life before this story. I don’t usually see that in fairytale stories like this. 🙂
As far as…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb and
Sierra are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer Ha! That part about the opposite shoes…
Ok, so as for your questions/idea, I’d say I don’t think so for first two, but yes for the second two, especially the last one, because, while after I got what you were doing I thought the ending was funny, it confused me at first. Showing how the characters developed would be helpful for…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy wow, I’m seriously impressed, Emma! Is pig language talking backwards, or was that just someone teasing me?
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
Thank you so much, @sierra-r! Wow, those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I’m inspired. I think your camera is two models newer than mine, and I love the way they look. 😀 And the way you captured the sunlight is really neat. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy Wow, pig latin? Are you fluent?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 15: Theme & Major Characters in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@Aratrea then… hm. So then it’s possible for a character to be more than one of the three types? Because she’s definitely a type one, and yet when you said that I realize she could also be a type two after a fashion. Does that work?
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper thanks! Yes, I love all those too. And Barbara Manatee.
Well you see, I was four years old and was helping Daddy pump the gas. And I got too close. And it got in my eyes. And that’s how it happened. Thankfully it happened only five minutes away from our house, and mama was able to dump a water-bottle full of water into my eyes…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 15: Theme & Major Characters in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
I’m going to go with Arianwen again. Her arc mirrors Harold’s, making it a type one. They both follow disillusionment arcs.
Arianwen’s, however, more represents the flip side of Harold’s, because while Harold was particularly disillusioned with the ‘good guys’ and almost considered joining the bad guys, Arianwen, because she was on the wrong side…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer
I like this a lot! It has a very fairytale-ish feel (sorry for stealing your words, @ethryndal), which is what I’m sure you were going for. So nice job!
1. Try not to use parentheses as much as you do. Example:She plopped (rather ungraciously) back down on the divan and patted the spot next to her.
2. It might just be me but using the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@Overcomer *grins* I like this. Muchly. The only thing I might say do differently than how you have it is make this the peddler’s story, not the princess’s. By which I mean, take out the intro about the princess who had trouble dancing (hilarious though it is) and just start with the peddler on the road meeting the dancing master. That will give…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer Your message got marked as spam for some reason. I got it up now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Short Fairy Tale Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
What’s this @overcomer?
-
Kina Lamb and
Rolena Hatfield are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 12: Foil Characters in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@hope With martyrdom and apparent tragedy, the poetic justice is subtle. Good leads to blessings, but it doesn’t mean the protagonist can have everything. If a character with a good EIL dies, what’s generally happening is a sacrifice. In other words, even though he’s giving up his life, he’s gaining something that’s more important to him. If he…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Alrighty, I got 740 written, so a great writing session.
-
Jackson Graham changed their profile picture 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ah, yes, Ear o’ corn and leg o’ lamb are great! I love it when they talk to each other. I also really like Grumpy. “Got any waffles?” What are some of your favorite books?
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@graciegirl I looked up HSA. It looks like a great program! I’ll tell my dad about it. I think one of my other friends uses it, though I’m not positive. Wow, 50 minutes three times a week? That’s a lot! *gives you a high-five.*
Yeah, Ahem is pretty funny. I like it when the eagle shouts at them. What are some of your favorite books?
- Load More
