@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Emma-flournoy You haven’t seen the prequels?!?!?! 😮 *shrugs* Cool. 😉 I often wonder what my opinion of Star Wars would be if I hadn’t seen them. They have their good moments, but since I got into story structure and character development I’ve realized that they’re not terrific. Compared to RO they look like child’s play. Anakin is SUPER…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper great ideas! Made me thinking, thanks. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper preferably non-fantastitic or whatever the word is for that. 😀 It’s a children’s story. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper thanks! I got my character literally stuck in a tree. He’s wanting to stay the night in the tree, and I can’t figure out how to make something exciting happen. *scratches forehead.* Ideas?
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Wow, I just got the writing itch really bad. And as we all know, when you get an itch you have to scratch it. So I’ll be writing for 22 minutes on who knows what. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus yes, you have a point. Looking at it from that angle, and concentrating on the miracle itself rather than the allegory, I agree. If you had said that before I read it I probably would have been annoyed, but as it was I hardly even noticed.
And I just copied and pasted the above reply into my ‘THEME’ folder. 😀 -
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy This relates to what was mentioned in the theme course about how you want to set yourself up against the very best arguments against your message you can find. You want to place yourself and the position of least advantage in order to show that your position is true.
-
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@northerner I don’t remember a miracle at the beginning of the story, but oh well.
I agree that reason isn’t what brings about a conversion, but, for one, just because reason isn’t the primary cause of a person’s salvation isn’t reason, doesn’t mean it isn’t a cause and an important one.
I don’t think there was anything wrong with the ending…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mr. Nice guy in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@R-J-Wordsmith YES! LONG LIVE VILLAINY!
*collapses into uncontrollable laughter* This is great. I love it. I can especially relate to However-you-spell-it because I’m just about as short as he is. 😀 -
Ingrid replied to the topic Mr. Nice guy in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith
*wild applause* This is hilarious. Seriously. I was grinning the entire time. 🙂
I literally noticed one thing:“Sir, if you have anything against my height I advise it to keep it to yourself
This should say “I advise you” not “it”. 😉
Great, great work! -
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-Flournoy Yeah, if Jyn or Cassian had actually gotten to talk with Krennic it would of been pretty cool. I have to admit that, as awesome as he was throughout most of the movie, Krennic was getting annoying by the end. Just get out of our way already! ‘Kay, I’m cool now. I will not rant.
I loved it at the beginning when Galen’s wife ran up…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Thank you. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Welp, I guess you already knew.
-
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy I restored it. If you ever have this problem in the future, just tag me and I’ll get it fixed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Ahhh, I see. @Daeus fixed it. Thanks Daeus.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper wait, how did this thread show up again? People couldn’t find it… this is weird…
But, yes. I have a secret list… *grins* -
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Btw, I recommend people only tag the active people because that huge list of tags seems to have triggered the spam filter.
-
Daeus replied to the topic G. K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy @northerner I restored the old thread. I’m going to delete this one so there won’t be any confusion.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G. K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Northerner that is weird. Okay. I’ll post my first post first…
Okay guys.
@Hope gave me a book with three of G.K. Chesterton’s novels in it as an early birthday present, and though I have only read one of them so far it completely blew my mind.
It was The Ball and the Cross.Has anyone else read it? If so, can we please discuss how amazing it…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Great job! I’m wrapping it up here too. I revised three of my body paragraphs instead of just the one I set out to do. Read ya later!
- Load More
