@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper it doesn’t really matter when you have beta-readers actually. I think it is pretty standard procedure to wait until you’re ‘done’, but in my case the story was so ridiculously long I’ve been sending it out in sections to the first round, hammering the second draft into shape as I go. Once I finish up with that I’ll run through it…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb Ha! I tricked you. I really do like to control people, I just don’t like them to feel like I’m controlling them and I don’t like to feel like I’m controlling them myself. Nasty feeling controlling people. You want to control them accidentally.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper It had gotten marked as spam. That’s the reason if a post doesn’t show up. I think it was the constant repetition of SACK and maybe some of the phraseology. It’s hard to know for sure.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Funny, I’m just facing this for the first time. I’ve got these two main characters, a brother and sister, and the brother (who is the protagonist) is of a moderate disposition whereas the sister is snarky, adventurous, and insanely awesome #ilovehertodeath.
I think one thing that’s helped me is separating them a lot. That way the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper welllll… generally I’d say if you’re connecting with one character better than the other and giving them more screen time etc., switch MCs because you’ve probably got them mixed up, but it looks like you already tried that.
So… the problem may not be your attachment to SACK, but your lack of attachment to the quiet one.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, timesabers essentially make people cease to exist when they get hit by them.
-
Kina Lamb and
Leumeister are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago -
Gracie replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@clairec Woohoo!!! That’s awesome that you finished your outline!!! I’m honestly in the middle of doing my extended outline right now, so I can’t really answer any of those questions except that it is taking me a long time and I write everything out long hand. Can’t concentrate when typing, encourages my inner editor to the point of creative…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
@Rachelle I have a similar problem with writing extroverts for some reason. It actually exhausts me. XD I’m an INFP myself. When I took the test for my three protagonists the first got INFP and I thought, ‘Oh, no! What if I accidentally made them all INFPs?!?’ I was quite relieved when the next one came back ISTJ, and then the next ISFJ. It didn’t…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@jess I meant 891 words, not days. 😀 haha!
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@jess I’m just signing off. I got 891 days, and the first 20 days covered! 😀 Yay!
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@jess hey, good job! I am really pleased with myself right now. I just finished the first two days of the story. 😀 😀 😀 😀 And I’m still writing!
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@winter-rose that’s right! Good girl. 😀 Work first, play later. I admire you. Good example. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Short Story Idea (May turn into Novella) in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@Cloudy I love her as a villain! 😀 I can think of several ways I would go about making this a short story or novella, but that would be me writing it, which isn’t quite fair. 😉
I would just say play around with the character motivations and relationships and go from there. Go for it. Never know until you try. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Swirling Storm of the Writer in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@Cloudy I really like the intent/picture of the poem. The only thing I would suggest is either make it more obviously a rhyming poem or more obviously free verse, because I was a little confused by the alternating patterns.
Otherwise, I really like it. 🙂 -
Kina Lamb replied to the topic *stands up to introduce self* *trips* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@feedingmygoldfish welcome! Did you draw your profile picture? I really like it. 😀 Have you read “Anne Of Green Gables?” You seem like someone who would enjoy her. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Phoenix Tears – Please Critique. in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@cloudy Well, I’m not very good with meter either and I hardly remember any of their names. I know iambic meter is the easiest though, so maybe go with that.
I find it hard to be real scientific about meter, so I basically just familiarize myself with examples, try to write rhythmically, and read my poetry to myself several times and tweak it…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *stands up to introduce self* *trips* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@feedingmygoldfish Welcome! So glad to have you here! A good friend of Brianna eh? Well, I have grown quite fond of her myself so I’m sure I’ll just adopt you right along with her 😉 Little Women is one of my favorites as well (I have a book review on it floating around this website somewhere) my goal is to one day play Jo onstage. But we’ll see…[Read more]
- Load More
