@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 um… Kara? *scrunches her eyes up* Shortish light brown hair… plain face that could be pretty if she smiled… (like most faces. 😀 ) fairly big eyes that are probably somewhere between blue and grey… almost blunt nose… probably fairly large-boned when it comes to build, but not particularly big. She looks bookish to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Not sure exactly what you’re referring to, but I think everything I said was good. Keep at it! May the ideas be with you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic *stands up to introduce self* *trips* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Woah woah, hold it people. I rule a separate kingdom. Josiah and I are in alliance. *looks warily at raspberries hoping they aren’t poisoned*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jenali Signing off. I didn’t really come up with any ideas, but it should probably be tense enough. We’ll see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jenali Ok, now I’m back.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jenali Ooops, sorry. I guess I have other work I need to do.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jenali I’ll join in. I’m trying to figure out how to add another layer of conflict to my climax.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yeah. What he said. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’ll just repeat what Kate said that the character voice is really well done. I’m especially surprised you’ve been able to get this good without anyone critiquing you. Honestly, that’s downright crazy.
It does seem that the plot needs some development though, as well as the question of what to do with the elementals.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ooooohhhh… you know what? It looks like you’ve got really good potential here for a disillusionment story. I really, really love the idea of the world outside being even worse than the prison.
What do you know about theme/message and building your story around it?
Because if you do have the world outside be worse than the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 no, I know. It isn’t. 😛 Have you come up with any ideas so far? Need help brainstorming? Seriously, just dump them all right here and I’ll help you pick through them if I can. That’s what we do here. We’re all writers after all… 😉 Even if you think the ideas are dumb, please— share them. I have dumb ideas all the time.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Wow.
Okay, first of all, may I just say congratulations on the very strong character voice. Most people go for the snazzy voices of characters like Tam to carry their story if it’s first person, but I love the subtle yet very distinct tone of Kara’s. It’s beautiful.In fact, your prose itself is actually very strong, and I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I totally get that. You’ll be fine. I promise. 😉 Tag me when you do post and I’ll get back to you with opinions as soon as I’ve done a thorough read through. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ha. XD Not at all…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *salutes* reporting for duty! And really, we’re not monsters. 😀 Just start a new topic over in General Writing Discussions or something and we’ll have a nice little critiquing party with cake and brownies and punch for everyone. 😀 (Virtual, of course. *wink*)
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Moriahs Greetings! Glad you could join us over here at the Kingdom!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Hi, @moriahs. Glad to find another historical fiction lover. I can’t say I love the research, but if I can handle that, it’s one of my favorite genres.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus yessir. I stopped doing this wonderful thing once I approached (aka got within ten chapters of :’D) the climax and started really having to rethink you-know-who. My typical writing night was too messy to have too much competition or I would have imploded from the double pressure. 😛 Once I get past the chapter I’m on (wherein about eight…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton and
Elizabeth are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
By the way, @kate-flournoy, do you still ever write at night?
- Load More
