@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yes! You’re getting it! 😀
Okay Kate. Settle down. Let us be calm here.
To be totally honest, I had to learn that too. 😛 It was quite a revolution for how I’d always thought, but hey. Revolutions can be good.
The thing I most love about this way of viewing plot is that it really, really develops the characters.So—…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’m glad she looks like your character! That’s so cool!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 hey, no rush. Take your time. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 awesome! *grins* I have to say she was remarkably easy to capture on the first try. I think it’s because I already had a very firm grasp of her personality due to her well-executed voice in the snippet you shared. 😉
And— I originally saw Tam with reddish blonde hair, but now that you mention that… I can totally see it. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus amen. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@emma-flournoy Thanks 😀
It gives me a joy just to read that. I need to remember it more often. The problem is that I forget my purpose in life, and so any sort of failure seems like a defeat, but really, I’m just here as a tool, so I just need to do my best and God will make it worth while.
-
Christine Eaton's profile was updated 9 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton been there, done that. 😀
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I do have to agree with @dragon-snapper 😀
And my characters are a lot the same way, I basically destroyed my character, Beck, both mentally and physically, before she found redemption.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper wow— really? That’s… thank you! That’s a beautiful thing to say. 😀 Truth of it is, a lot of my characters are really messed up people living really messed up lives, but you’re right— even with people like that, I firmly believe there’s always hope. *grins* I guess that sort of came through unconsciously.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton I love her! I don’t have anyone that fits her, but I love the sense of personality you achieved. 😀
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago

Alrighty, friends, I have a character up for adoption if anyone needs a face for a new character, or if she happens to look like a character you already have. I was trying to draw a different character but she didn’t turn out the way I wanted (with the exception of the tattoos she really isn’t anything like the character) but I still like it as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Kara. 🙂 Anywhere close?

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’m sorry. I should have realized you were getting overwhelmed and slowed down a bit. When I get excited it can be a bit like drinking from a water-hose. 😛 If it starts happening again just tell me. I can slow down. 😉
Of course we can talk about Kara.
But first let me answer your question about plot vs. character. Which…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 loneliness is not fun. I’ll certainly be praying for you.
@Daeus you too. I’m sure you’re doing great, and I mean that cuz I’ve seen what you can do. -
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I really feel for you.
I’d actually appreciate prayer along the same lines myself. Not that I’m an introvert, but I’ve been having spells of depression recently. My problem is that I like to have my life planned out and know where I’m going, but as a writer that just doesn’t work. It’s hard to figure out what my next steps…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@jess See you around! @jane-maree I have to go too. I didn’t find the Lie (as expected), but I found the Truth so that’s just one step away. Read you later! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper Well, it’s really not very sciencey. Mostly historical revisionism and knights fighting gunmen and stuff.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper Time travel story
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @jane-maree @dragon-snapper @jess 946! My best in several months.
- Load More
