@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I have some daydreaming and plotting to do. Its all about villains tonight. Mwa-ha-ha!
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Aratrea Zikers! Thanks for the rundown. 😀
I’ve noticed that there seems to be distinct types of ‘basic’ villains, but I’ve never been able to put my finger on the differences. It is very helpful to have it all explained so clearly.
Right now, Z (unfortunately) sounds like a tester, but from those descriptions, I like the sound of a tempter…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper I’ll be writing tonight like ususal.
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Hope I think that may be where I’m working against myself. I have several plausible things for Z to believe in, and thus, plenty of motives, but because I don’t condone the extremes he will go to to achieve these goals, I have a hard time viewing his motives as believable. I’ve realized that I rely heavily on being able to relate to my…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Luke did have some good moments. I especially loved the twist where he was the hero in the prophecy. It put a fun spin on things. 😀
I haven’t read the Door Within series, but that is an interesting idea to study the origins of Satan and find the basis of evil.
Ah! Yes, Moriarty! He is one of my favorite villains of all time.…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper I forgot about Conner! Yes, he was a most satisfactory antagonist. And Mother Gothel, yeah, gotta love her them song! It’s so much fun. 😀 I really liked her as a bad guy too, I actually felt disappointed when she died. 🙁
Anyway, thanks for bringing these specimens to my attention! *rubs hands together evilly* 😉
-
Gracie started the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
Sup, KeePers?
It’s official, I’m stumped. I’ve been roaming the fields of my imagination in circles for months, looking for an awesome antagonist for my WIP (codename: Personification), but to no avail.
I’ve seen that same tree representing the power-hungry, stereotypical Overlord one too many times, and I think I have finally drained my…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Novellas in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper You ought to be able to write one in about a month. Less if you’re dedicated. My novella was ten chapters and 20,000-22,000 words — I can’t remember exactly.
Once you have your document totally ready, you can seriously publish it in like an hour. If you want to do a paperback too, that’s a bit more work, but it’s not too bad.
-
Daeus replied to the topic It is finished!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose lol. I have yet to pick a title.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Screenplays, poetry, and explosions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal Well, if it’s any consolation, we have a recording of it.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I must be gettin to my Spanish class. Thanks for writing!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 Ok, I’m done now. I finished editing my first chapter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It is finished!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 If you can keep your stories a manageable size then good for you. You’ll save yourself so much time and effort. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 good work. Really, you’re off to a great start kicking your story into action. That’s something I had to learn the hard way— how to start a story and keep the pace from the very first sentence. You’re doing great.
The few things I do wanna mention are more ways you could improve the prose itself than for the structure of…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I’ll be sure to pray for you, my friend. I know full well what pre-show chaos is like. I just got off-book for a production I’m doing with my theater company so I can relate pretty well. (And I could tell many, many stories of crazy things that have happened on and off stage before and during shows, but they always turn out…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl I’m editing now, so I’ll join in the fun.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @kate-Flournoy @daeus @winter-rose Who’s up for some writing? I had the most amazing idea on how to fix some issues with my WIP and I am super jazzed to get to work! I’ll be on till about 4.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Will do.
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 5 months ago
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 5 months ago
- Load More
