@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ooooookayyyy… sounds like you have it all down. Was there something you wanted me to help with? Because honestly it sounds like you’ve got it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Okey dokey! Good that you’re confident enough to switch themes; go for it. 😉
What are the implications?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Ethryndal well, me either. No need to apologize. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yes! Here I am! I read the chapter already and was just waiting for an opportunity to sit down and talk about it. ;P I’ve snatched a moment so here I am.
It’s really good. I read through the whole thing again and I really like where you’re going with this. The only question I have is whether or not you meant to make the guy…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I’m graduating highschool as well. 😀
Erm… advice. Hm. 😛 Okay, maybe not so much advice as encouragement, but for those of you like me who aren’t really stellar in any one area, it does get better. There is an end. You won’t be stuck in the sea of mediocrity forever. My courageous mom somehow managed to drag me through sixteen years of…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Hurray! I cannot tell you how happy I am that summer is almost here. *starts dancing*
I will be entering 10th grade in the fall…kinda scary.
Yes, congratulations to all seniors! Go forth and conquer! The world awaits your awesomeness! 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
*silently snickers in the background*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy I bow to your superior knowledge of facts. XD You’re probably right.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Rachelle thanks for the info. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Rachelle thanks for the info. 🙂
-
Keleigha Liess replied to the topic Perfect Parents? in the forum Characters 9 years, 4 months ago
@BethanySinkyRoses Definitely agree with everyone else. Another thing I thought of is that in trying to teach or encourage your audience in any way, you need them to be able to identify with your characters, & they can’t do that if your characters are perfect. Make sense?
Also, I really like @kate-flournoy‘s point. Showing the real life struggle…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper gotta go! Happy writing!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 love to, but I’m writing now too and I’ve promised myself I’m gonna finish this pivotal battle scene before bed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Perfect Parents? in the forum Characters 9 years, 4 months ago
@BethanySinkyRoses yeah… what they said. 😛
Also just realize that ‘parents’ is not some sort of alternate reality slot that some human beings choose to fall into and become not-human beings. Some people are parents, but all parents are people. These characters should be as developed as your other characters because they’re just as complex.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Perfect Parents? in the forum Characters 9 years, 4 months ago
@bethanysinkyroses Quick answer: It’s okay to portray anyone unrealistically.
Long answer:
I think what’s going on in your example (not having read it) is that the author is trying to shine the spotlight on Christianity by making it idealistic in their story.
This isn’t really doing what they think it is though. The spotlight is focused in…[Read more]
-
Keleigha Liess and
Anne Swiftblade are now friends 9 years, 4 months ago -
Gracie replied to the topic Question about the webinar and theme mastery course in the forum Film 9 years, 4 months ago
@daeus Thanks! Just wanted to make sure.
*glares over consolation ice cream as she licks it* Consider me teased. I am very much teased.
*looks at calendar* *groans* *goes back to her ice cream*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Question about the webinar and theme mastery course in the forum Film 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Yep, it’s self paced.
Hehe! *peeks over a block of cheese as he munches on it* The mini course is just a small teaser. Feel thou teased.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Poetry Rythm in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
Hi @emily-d!
Rhythm (aka meter) is a great thing to use even if you also use rhyme. The first thing to do is to learn the basic patterns of meter. You can easily learn about those online. I also recommend the book The Roar On The Other Side to learn poetry.
Five rounds of confetti if you can pick it up in a heartbeat. For me, it was a more…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Websites in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
- Load More
