@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Fascinating topic. And your presentation of conventions versus clichés makes a lot of sense.
I’m going to have to agree with @Kate-Flournoy that I don’t believe clichés are to be avoided like the plague. (Har, har, see what I did there?). And to expound on her point, you can take the true story @Daeus just shared as an example. H…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Yes, I think it helped me see my insignificance and… at the same time my significance, if that makes sense.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Winter-Rose I’ll be praying. *hugs*
-
Gracie replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus Thanks for sharing this. I read it Saturday night and…whoa.
It really makes you think about how the greatest stories don’t take place in a galaxy far, far away, or on an uncharted island; they happen every day all around the world. Amazing. -
Gracie posted an update 9 years, 4 months ago
I’m back! Watch me run around to all the new threads. Come on, it’ll be fun. ;P (Let’s see if I can fill all five of the recent replies…..)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I couldn’t disagree more. Excuse me. *slightly embarrassed cough*
That is, the article is well written and makes some really good points in support of it’s perspective.
It’s just the perspective I disagree with.The article is perfect if story material is to be derived only from studying other stories, and if the only test of a…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Some Snapper Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Zikers, that death star is awesome! And that castle on the lake…..wow.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word-sharing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graceofspades2017 The word is “drone”
-
Keleigha Liess and
Corissa Maiden of Praise are now friends 9 years, 4 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper @overcomer Well, at long last I must retire. See you later.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m on. I’ll be here for…I don’t know. Probably another half an hour or so.
@graceofspades2017 It’s a writing accountability hub. You hop on and say you’ll be writing for so long. If others are available, they’ll write with you and knowing that you’ve made that agreement to write helps you stay concentrated at least a little…[Read more]
-
Keleigha Liess and
S.G.Dewey are now friends 9 years, 4 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@jane-maree @graciegirl @dragon-snapper @jess @audrey-caylin I’m writing now if you want to join.
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Yep. @Kina-Lamb
@Arella-Noreen
@DelightInLife
@GracieGirl
@Rachelle
@R-J-Wordsmith
@GabrielleMassman
@Dragon-Snapper
@Asyia-Serene
@Abigail-Blomberg
@Northerner
@Emma-L
@Leumeister
@PerfectFifths
@I-J-Anderson
@NatalieMarie
@Rebelutoinary
@Ethryndal
@Writefury
@Sierra-R
@SleepwalkingMK
@Brandon-Miller
@R-E-P
@The-Bean
@Anne-of-Lothlorien
@ZCPeterso…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Some Snapper Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
Really cool, @dragon-snapper.
-
Christine Eaton posted an update 9 years, 4 months ago
@emma-flournoy How are you, love? I just finished my Beauty and the Beast show yesterday and besides the fact that I’m officially graduating on Friday I don’t know what to do with my life anymore now that I am no longer on that stage. What’s going on with you?
-
You don’t know what to do with your life? Well for one thing you could give me some of your spare time! 😀
Hey. <3 I'm still extremely busy, but I've been in a remarkably good mood today and am for some reason feeling pretty happy. Which makes me happy. Still regular stuff…lots of beta-reading stuff, and emailing, and regular life, and trying to…[Read more]-
Haha! If I could I definitely would. I basically spent the past two days in bed watching a tv show called Heartland on my computer… I think I watched a whole season that quickly. But my stomach was hurting me a lot and I felt really sick so that is my excuse for allowing that to happen. I’m glad you are happy. That makes me really happy. 😀 I…[Read more]
-
@emma-flournoy I suppose I should actually tag you 😀
-
*finally leaps out of the world of busyness for a moment*
Being sick gives you such good excuses, doesn’t it? 😉 I hope you’re feeling better now. Aaand was the TV show good? A sappy romantic comedy? XD
Ooh, and now I can’t wait to get your letter whenever it will come. 😀
I think I saw at least one of those pictures when Kate showed me the B&tB…[Read more]-
@emma-flournoy
I got your letter! I’m writing a reply to it now while I have a tad bit of downtime before my graduation.
-
-
Yay. 😀
-
@emma-flournoy
Just a head’s up I mailed your letter yesterday. How was your day? (and if I don’t respond to any of your messages until after I get back from Josiah’s house I apologize now.) But my day was quite wonderful. Church as usual. But this afternoon I wrote what felt to be a million thank you notes to all the wonderful people who sent me…[Read more] -
Hope you’re enjoying yourself now in PA!
I like the sermon. Really. I like your sermons. And it’s very true, I know.
Ooh, The White Gypsy! I haven’t read it but it’s one of my favorite Lamplighter audio dramas. Nice. 😀
I’ve got your letter. 😀 Love ya too.
-
@emma-flournoy
I am very much enjoying myself here. This morning Daeus arrives and then everyone is here. I’m rooming with Hope so that is fun. Because we were just kinda waiting for everyone to get here it’s been fairly slow, lots of card games. But it’s really cool to see everyone in real life. I’m going to go for now but I’ll tell you all about…[Read more] -
I BET IT IS REALLY COOL SEEING EVERYONE IN REAL LIFE!!! You’ll have to enjoy it for me. 😀
Sound really great.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Some Snapper Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I love them! Excellent job on the reflection in the castle one too. It’s lovely. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@emma-flournoy @corissa-maiden-of-praise
No prob. Thanks for showing your interest. 😀
- Load More
