@hanako
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 171
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, okay. Yeah, I’m not sure if sound could be used to power something, but if it could, I actually don’t think the lack of sound propagation in space would be a problem, because the sound would work inside the spaceships, so unless they need to use sound from outside, it could still potentially work.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh. How is sound working in space related to this? I’m a bit confused.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, so, these spaceships you’re creating run on sound somehow, and you want help thinking of a different way to power them?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
Nahim rolled his eyes.
“I can walk fine. Thank you for answering my question…finally.” He turned away, and walked up to Ellis, ignoring Kate’s presence.
“Is there anyway you can tell me exactly the weapons we need? Who does best with broadswords? Who need lighter weight or can handle a full sized sword. Daggers,…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So your idea requires sound to work in space? I’m not sure I follow completely.
I can’t personally think of a good way for sound to work in space, unless you’re fundamentally changing physics. Given that sound propagates only in media, as in real life, the only thing I could think of is having space be actually filled with gas,…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I think solid debris wouldn’t help, because sound needs a medium to propagate through. On earth, sound is carried by air molecules bumping into each other repeatedly. It can move through solids and liquids as well, but without air for the sound to move through, it won’t reach the space debris in the first place. Light travels without…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
(this is all by Realn reckoning)
So does the Wondian planet make a perfect 357 day rotation around it’s sun?
Wond makes an approximate rotation of 357 Earthling days, but I’ve not decided if it’s off that number by a day or just a couple hours. Notice my use of the word Earthling, for I haven’t even totally decided if a Wondian d…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
That’s fine, I think Sandro will somehow keep us going XD
Also, here is Chase’s base eye colors and their fitting emotion…
- Black – mistrust/unsure
- Green – normal/trust
- Yellow – warning
- White – pain/stress
- Blue – happiness
- Brown – uninterested or bored
- Purple – interest/curiosity
- Red -…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Okay, thanks for the advice!
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 10 months ago
– This is how a conversation between Creed Whitlock and Wolf Ryker goes –
Creed: Life is miserable.
Wolf: Gahh…
Creed: You know what I mean, Wolf?
Wolf: …
Creed: Maybe?
Wolf: …
Creed: In the slightest way?
Wolf: …
Wolf: Bahh… -
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 10 months ago
I had a whole something typed…. then I clicked “Command+C” and now I lost it.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ellis
Ellis watched in amusement as Nahim repeatedly insisted that he was fine, oblivious to the fact that Nora was undermining everything he said from behind his back.
“You think you could make him sleep?” Ellis asked Kate.
“I don’t exactly carry sleeping charms around,” Kate said. “They’re pretty useless, so no, unless you want me to knock…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Lollllllllllllll! That’s the best reply EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Nahim
Nahim looked at Carrie, unable to think.
“I’m not gong to pass out.” The red-haired lady behind him rolled her eyes and mumbled something to herself before turning back to her breakfast. “And I really don’t have time to rest, there’s just too much going on. And if you’ll…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh my goodness…
Another song that reminds me of my boy Blaine, is Not All Heroes Wear Capes by Owl City…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
“I already got their opinion whether I wanted it or not. All they say is basically, ‘rest.’ I don’t have time to do that. Besides, you still haven’t told me your choice weapon.”
You did it, he should be resting! He said it himself!
Why am I so happy about this?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Once Derik gets in stride, there’s no stopping his humor. Until he goes too far. (I base him off myself in this respect.) Nothing to fear from him except bad dad jokes.
That sounds like my swim teacher! He’s really funny that way, lol!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@jonas I would leave that up to those participating.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Well, no, I would think the time limit could be different for different prompts. I’m just wondering if the challenge would have an end date, or just go until everyone was ready.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
Not this again! Nahim groanned. Why were people so concerned? He’d gotten worse injuries before and survived.
“I’m absolutely fine! and yes, there are people here with some medical experience. I’ve got a concussion, and headaches all around, but I’m fine.”
Behind Nahim, a red-haired woman shook her head at Carie, mouthing…[Read more]
- Load More
