@gretald
Active 8 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 450
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien everything that’s already been said… also I like this one because I’m morbid I guess… ;P
This one too, though it’s pretty long. -
Kate Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus happy birthday. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic How To Write A Really Good Book Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@holly-nelson-gray I may come back here with some ideas if I get the chance, but anything I would say would pretty much be said in this great book on the subject. It’s called How To Write A Sizzling Synopsis.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@jane-maree I wrote 765, and I’m signing out now. Good luck!
@winter-rose I decided to rewrite. 😛 And Rook sounds like an awesome book! -
Hannah R. started the topic Book recommendation for ladies– The Lost Art of True Beauty in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Hello fellow Christian young women!
Last year I discovered a book called The Lost Art of True Beauty by Leslie Ludy, and it changed my life. Leslie Ludy has lots of materials for helping Christian women stay focused on Christ in a fallen world and a self-focused culture. I highly, highly recommend this book, as well as any of her other books, like…[Read more] -
Kina Lamb and
Hannah Whatley are now friends 9 years, 4 months ago -
Hannah Whatley started the topic Calling All Proofreaders in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys! Okay, I need your help. I am about to self-publish a small collection of my short stories and poems, and was wondering if any of you would be willing to read through it and proofread. I don’t want deep editing or changes, although I’d love your suggestions if you want to send them separately. All I need is for someone to check behind me…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Calling all beta-readers! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper Sure! I have discovered that the publishing process takes a lot longer than I thought, so I’m spending some more time researching before I try to publish (besides, I just acquired a published writing mentor, so that should be helpful). But in the meantime, I’d love as much help polishing as I can get. If you give me your e-mail I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I’ve started one (though it isn’t official yet) and I’m mostly planning to do posts about writing things that I’ve learned— techniques and theory and such, and a lot of similar writing related stuff. I’m definitely going to focus mine on the teaching aspect of things.
But some people just use their blog to post short stories or…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all beta-readers! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument I am interested in reading this, if its still open.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all beta-readers! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument I am interested in reading this, if it still open.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose *very dramatically* I have no idea. What to write, and what not to write. That is the question. To be the poetic, or the lyricist? The comedian, or the novelist?
-
Snapper started the topic Blogs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I know that this topic has been made a million times, but I was wondering, because I really don’t read blogs, but what do people write about on blogs? If at all I were to consider writing one, what would I write about?
@daeus @rolena-hatfield @ethryndal @winter-rose @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose I have come!
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic My Summer Project in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae,
Prince of the Barbarians is still open for beta readers. I’d love to have you work on it this summer! If you give me your email, I’ll send it to you. -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@holly-nelson-gray And viola! Lacey Allen.

-
Snapper replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@emma-flournoy No. No. Do the math. It’s better to do the math.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic How To Write A Really Good Book Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Hey @holly-nelson-gray !
Great question! (bet I know what you’re going to write the synopsis for 😉 )
Well, let’s see. The snop should inform your readers what to expect out of your book. It’s like you’re setting up the anticipation, excitement of what’s to be found in the pages of your book.
It should include introducing the main character,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@holly-nelson-gray Ooh, I like this character already. I will do it sometime today or tomorrow. And no problem! I’ve been wanting to draw someone. 😛
- Load More


Thanks, Kate. 😀
*pops head in* Psst, @daeus
Happy Birthday!
*pops head in* Psst. Thanks. 😛
Oh hey, yeah. Happy birthday too. May your books be always loved by all, your thumb be ever green, and your ice cream never run out.
Mmm. I like that blessing.
🙂