@godlyfantasy12
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6750
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @grcr @rae @mineralizedwritings
Thanks you so much guys!! All your advice has helped so much! I feel much more confident about editing this chapter now. ❤️
(And Rae, I would never get rid of the donut scene EVER. I love it too. 🥰😁)
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Hmm… the overcoming problems too easily really could be a problem. Something that I think would help is making the problems in general take up more space. A characters struggle should snowball as a result of their own bad choices, which reflect their major flaw they hope to overcome. The general problem should not come up quickly…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
It is hard to say much without knowing much of your book, but I do agree with what Sara said as far as openings…
Ok! If you do wanna read the chapter, I posted it like two posts above this one.
I guess it depends on the reader, but personally, I like books that paint some of the picture in the first (and even second) chapter… even if it seem…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, sorry you’re going through that! That’s hard!
Yeah, thanks. XD My NaNo WIP feels so much easier because it’s so new, lol.
Could you maybe post some segments of it so I can see more of what you mean?
I posted the first chapter in the post above this one.
All I can say is that maybe you’re focusing a little too much on all…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
What’s the first paragraph of your book?
So, the first paragraph doesn’t have much info in it since it’s only a few lines, but I’ll share the original first chapter so you can see what I’m talking about. (Hopefully. XD) In a day or two, I’m hoping to have an alternate first chapter written, so I may share that just to see if y’all think…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, those are hard questions. For the first one, I get what you mean. I think for the first chapter, an introduction is fine. Personally, I would try to focus on the relationship between Ami and Ev, and his family conflict, because I think that will hook the reader.
Yes, definitely. XDXD
Ok, yeah. I think I already have a few ideas…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, those are hard questions. For the first one, I get what you mean. I think for the first chapter, an introduction is fine. Personally, I would try to focus on the relationship between Ami and Ev, and his family conflict, because I think that will hook the reader.
And then, themes are also really hard. Could you describe yours a…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I’d love some help if you guys have any tips or advice to contribute 👆😊
@freedomwriter76 @smiley @hybridlore @whalekeeper @highscribeofaetherium @euodia-vision @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @rae @thearcaneaxiom @anyone-else!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I don’t want to make a whole other topic for this, so I’m posting my question(s) here. XD
So, I’m having some trouble editing my WIP. (This is not my NaNo WIP. I was ahead on NaNo, so I decided to do some editing today). Originally, the first chapter wasn’t the most exciting. It was more a slice-of-life kind of thing that introduces who one of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 11 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 11 months ago
I love your coloring style! It’s kinda… ethereal?
I think the lineart is fine for your style, but if you wanted to change it I would recommend using a pen and trying to make the whole thing one continues line, instead of having the sketchy kinda “feathery” lines. There’s nothing wrong with the way you’re doing it though!
I would…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
👍
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
That’s awesome!! So happy for you! 😊
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ok cool. I’ll think about putting in a villain.
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Although I do have a few cool villains up my sleeve….
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oooh, I like the idea of adding a couple of villains… 😏
I could add in a charrie from Amir’s book named Dabir. He’s basically Amir’s mentor. And I love him. He’d probably see Zahlin and Nahim fighting all the time and be like, “Are you kidding me? Knock it off.” And then they’d probably get really annoyed at him. Especially afte…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 11 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @loopylin @whalekeeper
First off, y’all are all so amazing ❤️ Tysm for having my back and being so encouraging, you guys have no idea how much it means to me.
Today has been super emotional for me and when I opened my email and saw all of y’alls wonderful messages, I broke down in happy tears. I’m so blessed…[Read more]
-
Esther changed their profile picture 2 years, 11 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
And how’d your writing sprint go? (I would’ve joined you but I was busy eating dinner. XD)
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I’ll be praying for you!! I totally understand not having motivation. 😅 Right now, I have a lot of momentum, but about the last two months, I didn’t get much writing done because I just kept procrastinating. 😬 I wish I could give you advice, but I don’t think I really have anything expect make yourself write. XD Because that’…[Read more]
- Load More
