@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 1 year, 3 months ago
yay yay it’s summer who has plans? :3
I’m just painting, watching anime, and looking forward to my birthday soon. I’m getting omniscient readers viewpoint for my birthday can’t wait to read it!
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
The amount of parentheses I used is criminal
Okay here we go! Change anything you want if you use this.
Magic System Questionaire
Basic Magic Information
Write a summary (in a couple sentences) for your magic system. How would you quickly summarize it for someone?
What terminology do you use within your system? (Invented words or not)
What…
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
I’m sorry to take the discussion off theremins, but I got a rant.
You’re fine, carry on lol.
some have the tendency to baby the characters, to dumb them down, especially the ones who have some kind of issues with some aspect of themselves.
I think there’s a difference between literally thinking the character is like that, and just m…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
Aw, what a fine little gray lady <3 The colors look very natural.
-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
I didn’t know about the robots. I’ll have to look that up.
ngl I used to be really scared of its noise, it’s so weird. But now I kinda like it.
The moment I heard the noise, I was obsessed. I knew I had to incorporate the music and technology into some kind of magic system. 🤣 So here I am, spending much of my writing time looking for a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
@rae @the_lost-journal @highscribeofaetherium @keilah-h
Yeah, it is pretty cool!! Almost nobody I talk to knows what it is, so I’m always explaining. XD Thank you for the names, by the way, Ruth and Kefa!
So how did they accidentally invent it?
Leon was a Russian inventor who was actually trying to invent devices for wartime. The instrument was…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
I have read them. 🙂 I’ve just been gone at a friend’s for the past couple days and haven’t given myself time to respond.
-
whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
I want to rant about theremins. >:3
A theremin is an electric instrument invented accidentally in the 1920s. It is played without any physical contact by the performer. Two antennas create electromagnetic fields, and the performer waves their hand around the antennas to manipulate pitch and volume.
Finding a theremin is hard because there…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
I’m reawakening this topic because I’m putting together a list of magic system questions for myself. (Felt like updating my world bible.) They will be posted here when I’m done!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
You’re not alone when it comes to getting easily distracted.
Should I write Farewell in first person?
Hmmm, can’t say. It seemed straightforward enough in third person from what I remember.
I finished all the short stories, but I didn’t give you feedback for all of them I’m afraid. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
How’s the editing going so far? I bet you’re super tired by now. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
What is Jonathan’s arc supposed to be?
-
whaley replied to the topic Alan Becker Fans in the forum Film 1 year, 3 months ago
I just watched Animation vs. Minecraft, and it was super wholesome, I loved it
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
…And here I am, praising the game and not talking about Alan Becker. XD I still haven’t watched. Next chance I get, probably this week.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
I think some YouTubers make Minecraft way too loud and showy. My brothers watch competitive YouTubers and I’ve never caught on to that. The game by itself is much more impactful.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
Minecraft is the kind of thing I never thought I’d enjoy. But one day it clicked. I think the combination of the music and graphics have the same uncanny feel as old memories. Pieces of the world make sense, but much of it is random and silent. It’s such a strange, melancholic feeling.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Writers can insert two sides of themselves into that conversation and it still tracks. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
I appreciate the thoughts! I hadn’t thought much about items before – although specific things come to mind. My goal is to make this character less of a person to mourn for, and more of a person to enjoy reading about. *Bows and offers you a jar of glitter to poof yourself back home if needed*
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Hey guys, I’ve been thinking. How do you encourage a reader to like a character who is already dead? And with minimal flashbacks? And and without being boringly sad? I have a few ideas, but this has been a challenge so far and I was wondering what everyone else thinks.
- Load More
