@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve already written the whole book.
Oh cool, this is a plenty-of-work-already-done thing.
why do you ask?
I was asking because I’m not sure what direction the story is taking. What should the reader hope to happen next? Both in Aaron’s arc and in the outward plot? – A sense of where this all leads. Because the orphanage plot w…[Read more]
-
Otherworldly Historian replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks, I really did enjoy the game and some of the arcs definitely gave me some interesting character ideas. Persona 5 is basically a game where you play as a Japanese High school student who has the power to break into peoples minds and steal their corrupted desires.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Are you using a normal arc structure/your own structure based off what you know about arcs? Or just thinking through the arc as you write?
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Have you outlined LTBL?
-
Otherworldly Historian replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
@anyone
(I know this technically sorta isn’t a movie/tv show but I feel like JRPGs technically sorta count as anime)
I just finished Persona 5 The Royale and it was amazing. 🤩 I don’t know if anyone else on here would have played the game but I really liked it. The final act had a surprisingly good finale and I definitely felt really imme…[Read more]
-
Otherworldly Historian replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I’d say as long as the guy draws something that reflects his personality it will be fine. Think about why he draws what he draws. If you need help there maybe think about why you draw what you draw and extrapolate that onto him (and see if you can find a deeper reason than the things you draw being girly.)
Personally I could see him d…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Didn’t work 🙁
I will 🙂
Also I believe in you!! Eye contact is hard for me too but if you just picture everyone in their underwear, sometimes that helps.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Okay I’m going to try posting random image

-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Glad to see someone else feels the same XD Life is hard, that way.
-
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
I’m so glad you girls like it! 😄 I have a friend who adores Infinity very much; we watched it among a larger friend group and everyone squealed over him for some reason XD And Hei is super cute.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I find stuttering very annoying to read when it’s written in the dialogue every time the character speaks. But you can write it out if the character doesn’t talk that way 24/7, since it’s less to see on the page. Maybe you write out the stuttering when it’s serious, and mention it in the tag if it’s a normal part of conversat…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
Yeah it was really good!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh my goodness hey!!!
Oh, good luck with that! Sounds like fun and uh stress… lol.
Aw thank you 🥰🥰
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I think Min means (and she can correct me), as long as you are writing well from a moral standpoint, sharing with your family is really up to you. You don’t have to if you don’t feel like it. ‘Character crimes’ such as an overly emotional guy are up to your personal preferences and can work for a story’s tone.
I mean yeah that too…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Wow, it sounds like you’ve got an awesome family!
Sorry if I was projecting a bit. Despite my family being Christian, they can be really critical. Kinda like what Whaley mentioned above, over preferences for the most part. People who have it like me have to band together and support each other, so whenever I see somebody saying…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
And let me clarify, God’s chosen roles for male and female are a moral thing. I am saying there are many different ways to express those roles, and what is more, in fiction these roles can be switched or twisted on the surface to make a point. I don’t think that’s always bad. I also think many traditional traits of the two genders are superficial…[Read more]
- Load More
