-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
How difficult is rewriting? Especially for an 80,000/100,000 word book? What advice do you all have?
Never have I ever even attempted to rewrite anything that long, but here’s my two cents anyway.
Rewriting is exhausting–physically and emotionally. After all, the reason we rewrite is to make our work better, right? It’s…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
How difficult is rewriting? Especially for an 80,000/100,000 word book? What advice do you all have?
Never have I ever even attempted to rewrite anything that long, but here’s my two cents anyway.
Rewriting is exhausting–physically and emotionally. After all, the reason we rewrite is to make our work better, right? It’s…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal @daeus @kate-flournoy @anyone else who’s done the whole rewriting thing.
So…I’m having a hard time deciding this. Writing in third person is really tough for me, and this favoritism thing might be a bit easier if I were actually writing from the POV of the introverts head. As I’m writing, I don’t like any of it. But I go onward.…[Read more] -
Elizabeth and
Daeus are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Wow. Congrats and congrats again.
I’m toying with the idea of re-writing my WIP’s prologue. While incessantly re-reading everything Kate and I have discussed on my novel excerpt page.
@daeus @kate-flournoy -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus How’s things?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daues How’s things?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I am too. *throws schoolwork aside* @daeus @dragon-snapper @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Excellent point @dragon-snapper
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Well, when there’s only one Dragon Snapper, you sometimes wonder what else there is to be afraid of. 😛
@graciegirl Yes, it’s just me. I won’t melt you. 😉 -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
That was rather anticlimactic @dragon-snapper
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 *flies in* Everyone, look out, it’s a dragon!
…
*glaces around for the dragon*
Oh wait, it’s just me. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@hope Here is Sean…or was it Levi? Either way, not sure if it’s a likeness, but here he is anyway. 😛

-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
You know, I’d be happy if this was for regular school, but I’m dual-enrolled. After I graduate, I’ll be doing this same stinkin’ stuff. No rest for the weary writer. @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m working on a “short story” for my creative writing portfolio. Luckily, I’m almost done with it, but I still have math, Greek Mythology, and an American Literature final paper to start…*sighs*
@gracie-girl @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Also…do I already have the Inciting Incident done? Is that what you meant? @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy *laughs* It was actually me who didn’t see your response, instead of the other way around. Wonder how I missed that…
No, this actually makes sense. I’m a little jarred by the fact that I somehow managed to do some of what you’re saying without even knowing it. Have you ever used a cooking utensil or something, and like, you know…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
*grimaces* hang on… @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I responded to your questions on my excerpt forum, just to let ya know.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Life. Reality. I’m beginning to think that life is a Writer’s worst enemy. @kate-flournoy
@graciegirl The first character of yours that @dragon-snapper listed sounds really interesting! I’m always curious to see how others go about the concept of elementals.
- Load More
