-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic How Do I Create A Fantastic Character? in the forum Characters 9 years, 3 months ago
@emily-d Wow, yes Kate’s right, that is an enormous question.
Here are a few other things you could do in addition to Kate’s and Daeus’s awesome advice: Try to get to know your character as much as you know yourself. Write a list of the things they like/dislike (you’ve probably heard this before) that no one will know but you. What’s your cha…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Signing off.
Sounds super awesome! @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Nope. I like silence. Music is distracting.
I did a thing on one of the forums I started: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/brainstorming-zone/ so at least I got something done today… @winter-rose
What is Rook about, again?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
That’s awesome, Jane! Proud of you. @jane-maree
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Whew. Well, now I don’t feel as bad. @winter-rose
I actually can’t listen to music while I write. I need silence–or something close to it.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m watching youtube *hides*
My brain hurts from writing and trying to conquer chapter five. @winter-rose @jane-maree @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Hallways—(written to force myself to be creative with the hallway/walking scenes)
(Also: I know this isn’t all grammatically correct. It isn’t supposed to be.)
Hallways, five of them, wind around in strange, dizzying circle, all white sheen and pale radiance. Losing herself among them is easy, and Kara finds it hard to keep her way.
But w…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Hallways—(written to force myself to be creative with the hallway/walking scenes)
Hallways, five of them, wind around in strange, dizzying circle, all white sheen and pale radiance. Losing herself among them is easy, and Kara finds it hard to keep her way.
But when months go by and she walks the same halls, day after day, she begins to n…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Yes! Sorry. I took a short break but I’m back now. @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m writing. @dragon-snapper @daeus @jane-maree @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @ethryndal @anyone-else-I’m-missing
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
After being on KP for a little longer…I can honestly say that you did a great job with the characterization in both stories @dragon-snapper
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
Okay @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
COFFEE @graciegirl
Hey do you happen to have my Prison google doc open?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
Kate glanced at her. “But I’m the one who brought them in.”
Another knight, Elizabeth, pulled out her wallet. “I actually have a dragon riding license.”The funny thing about this bit is that I don’t even have my regular driver’s license.
WOW @dragon-snapper you’ve done it again. This is amazing.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Suggestions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@LifeofKatie I’ve probably told you before and @Daeus already mentioned it, but—LES MIS OF COURSE. Seriously. 😀
Read any of the Scarlet Pimpernel books?
North and South—Elizabeth Gaskell (Really good period drama. BBC’s miniseries of it is just as good.)
A Tale of Two Cities of course. 🙂
The Ball and the Cross—Chesterton
Rolf and the…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 3 months ago
@Leumeister Yep, anyone who volunteers, to get their email address you can email KP—Sarah Spradlin usually answers the emails—and kindly request her to facilitate an address exchange. Within the safe confines of private email. 😀
And I like to beta-read but can’t volunteer ’cause I’m WAY busy and already overbooked with beta-reading stuff…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Ha! Great picture.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
Oh and yes @Dragon-Snapper, the Monte Cristo thing was so great.
-
Mariposa Aristeo started the topic Would You Rather Writing Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Have any of you played “Would You Rather?” I like to concoct funny “would you rather” scenarios to torture my family. Here are some I created just for us writers:
Would you rather write your novel backwards, or only be able to use words under six letters?
Would you rather have to eat every page of everything you write, or have to do a push-up…[Read more]
- Load More
