-
Snapper replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@delightinlife Well, some lords would have to deal with the problems in their fief. Thieves, disputes, war, and everyday business of running a fief in general, such as selling the stuff that his serfs make, and divvying out his soldiers to the king’s army, and a myriad of other things. Since you have your own story world, you can be really…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
Sounds to me like you need to worldbuild a bit. Build a government, build the landscape, build the people that operate within the government. Once you’ve done that, you can create characters that live inside that world, that government, and then you can create their ideals, their views, their beliefs…
I feel like @daeus or @aratrea would have…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
Hm, hm, hm… This can be tricky.
I’ll use my current WIP as an example. See, back when Prison was just a tiny whisper of an idea, I had my main character, Kara, wandering around a random, nameless city, on the run from a random, nameless group of government affiliated guards. Probably. See, a lot of the details were weakly tied together, and…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
Hm, hm, hm… This can be tricky.
I’ll use my current WIP as an example. See, back when Prison was just a tiny whisper of an idea, I had my main character, Kara, wandering around a random, nameless city, on the run from a random, nameless group of government affiliated guards. Probably. See, a lot of the details were weakly tied together, and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Questions for Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@arella-noreen *maniacal laugh* Here we go.
1. What is your favorite children’s show?
2. Why did you make a blog?
3. Why did the chicken cross the road?
4. What is your favorite word?
5. How long have you been writing?
Please give us the link to your post, when you post it! 😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@delightinlife Oh yeah. I totally get you on this.
What I did to fire up my plot was to find a problem among the story world and among the characters. What about the story world could allow for conflict. This character feels this way but the other feels this way.
So first, I’d try to work a bit on your world if you are lacking plot, then you can…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@perfectfifths “Y’all” is more of a southern thing, not everyone in the States uses it. But I do. A lot.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Okay, but who… *sighs* *hangs head and decides to submit to her lack of LOTR knowledge* @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Okay, but who… *sighs* *hangs head and decides to submit to her lack of LOTR knowledge*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@perfectfifths That does make sense. So, lets unpack the reason why Christian Americans like to use the word ‘unpack’. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you literally walk face first into a beautiful spiderweb, then come back inside and say ‘Well, at least I can write about that accurately….”
Yes. That just happened to me.
*shudder*
I can’t stand spiders. -
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@emily-d Oh, yeah. I forgot about that one, though I’ve definitely heard it. There’s also quite a few others now that I think about it. I can remember them now, but if you’ve ever seen the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the Icelandian uses a few American Slang words with Mitty.
@perfectfifths They do? That’s funny, I’ve never heard that one. But…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
I’m confused. What’s going on in that gif? @ethryndal
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@ethryndal I’m honored. *bows*
Anyone else, I’m still on for a while yet. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
I’d rather be a lizard with wings than a child, though.
@ethryndal
Friendly debate? 😛 Bye! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
I’d rather be a lizard with wings than a child, though.
@ethryndal -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@ethryndal
Thanks, Veggietales. Ethryndal…

-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 You are forgiven. I think, though, that you have to work with green Galadriel now.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Kid.
Child.
Honey.
Sweetie.
@ethryndal
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Kid.
Child.
Honey.
Sweetie.
@ethryndal
- Load More
