@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Bold and Italics in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 10 months ago
Or [ strong] (no spaces) and [/ strong] and the same thing with I think emp or italic I don’t remember that one works too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(@hope What I gave you should be enough. This isn’t so much a riddle as a chance to make a fun comparison between one of your characters and a famous literary character. It’s fine if you don’t want to do it though. I was thinking myself that we should probably come to a close soon after this.)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(@Daeus. All of them at once, I suppose. Though looking back I see what I’m supposed to do. Well, I suppose I can but try to answer the riddle, though I don’t know much of the story besides what you wrote…)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(@hope Are you not sure how this works, or are you just anxious to get past this part and get off the island? -Or something else?)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Report Ending in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
It depends; I like to see everything in the end, not just have a vague sense that someone has survived. If the book is part of a series, I like an end that culminated the main idea and yet leaves the book open for more.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “And I must say, I think that is enough chat and enough riddles. Now are you going to tell us how to get back into or own world or must we force our way past?”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(Alright, @howlingwolf @hope @writefury @the-happy-bookaholic, it’s your turns.)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: “I know not about yourself, Count, but I would not trust the words of strangers who appeared on your doorstep asking for direction. But if you will have what little I can tell you… There was a man, in my world, whose manner was not unlike yours, though he looked nothing like you. I never knew him— he died long before my time, but I…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin posted an update 10 years, 10 months ago
@damaris-tutor Hey, Damaris! Would you mind emailing me at the KP email (kingdompenmag@gmail.com)? I need to get your info so we can send you a t-shirt with your fantastic design on it! 🙂 Congrats!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(Hmm hmm, ah yes. I should have included a bit of a bio on him . Count of Monte Cristo bio: Started off as a budding young sailor, charming and innocent. He was in love with a girl (whose name’s not coming to me), but he never married her because he was wrongfully sent to prison without a trial. There he spent fourteen years of bitterness. In that…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “I’m sorry, I’m lost here. I always thought the Count of Monte Cristo was umm, fictional. No offence, I hope. Unfortunately I never read the book, so…”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Count: “Your second guess, mademoiselle, was the right one. I myself live here for taste. Everything happens here, but I do not see the tenth of it. That is why I have brought you all here. You know your own worlds. Each of you knows someone in it who resembles me. Tell me about him or her. By studying this character, I may act with effectiveness…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
*eyes dilate suddenly; Arianwen draws quick breath of astonished realization* “Or is this something we must tell you, that you yourself do not know?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(Daeus is doing his best to kill us 😛 😉 )
Arianwen: *eyes him askance* “A madman? But no, forgive me. It is ill to jest with strangers or men in earnest. And you, my lord, are certainly in earnest.” *cocks head thoughtfully* “You say you lack ‘inter-genre experience, and insinuate (do you not?) that you have come to this place to gain that…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Count: My question is to you all. Each of you is from a different world. Each of you knows me in a different way. Who am I in your worlds? What am I? You will say you know no Count of Monte Cristo but me. You miss my meaning. I myself am only in my world, but part of me is in every world. By seeing parts of myself in many worlds, I may perhaps see…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bold and Italics in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 10 months ago
You got it! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *folding hands calmly and taking a deep breath, regarding Count with cool, curious, distant eyes* “Do you ask this of me alone? Or does this answer that you seek apply to the worlds of my companions also? Or perhaps only to one world you are familiar with— if this is so, you ought rather to ask my lord Rameaux. He… seems to be…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Ha! ToStubb’s Inn. Love it! ^_^
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Count: *Compressing his lips and lowering his eyes at her statement with some inward struggle raging. He recovers quickly and with a slight frown* “Do not tell me what I was or what I will be. I am not a man to play with uncertainties. Tell me what you know. Who am I in your world?”
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Falling Anvils.
ToStubb’s inn.
the Pink Elephant - Load More
