@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Reagan- Thanks for taking the time to write such an exhaustive reply! 🙂 There seems to be a disconnect between what I am trying to say and what you think I am saying. We define terms differently. You define magic as supernatural power. I believe magic is supernatural power from Satan. You believe Moses and Pharaoh’s magicians were all wizards. I…
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Reagan- Thanks for taking the time to write such an exhaustive reply! 🙂 There seems to be a disconnect between what I am trying to say and what you think I am saying. We define terms differently. You define magic as supernatural power. I believe magic is supernatural power from Satan. You believe Moses and Pharaoh’s magicians were all w…
-
Daeus replied to the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Not at all. I have no financial interest in these videos. Post them where ever you want. The more people who see them the better.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
I read the article, and though again I do see your argument, I don’t agree. Tell me something I wasn’t expecting, hey? 😉
There’s one thing this hinges on, I think, and maybe I didn’t make this clear enough in my first posts. The difference is we are not talking about fairies and elves etc. as they may stand in our world. That’s an entirely…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Right now, I’m planing on about one a week.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hi Rolena,
You know that’s funny, I have been thinking about doing a podcast actually on book marketing (what better way to learn about the subject), and I was thinking I would take questions for that to help the podcast stand out, but I hadn’t actually thought about that for this video series. That is a great idea.
I should have a link to this…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-h— Well, no… I don’t believe that exactly. I believe magic, quite simply, is God’s power whether or not it takes the form of a prophet-like being (Moses, for example— all @reaganramm‘s points are completely valid in my opinion) or the form of a created natural system. Because even if it is a natural law thingy, it was still set in…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
It is. It really is. Every person should read Screwtape. Get ‘Screwtape Proposes a Toast’ as well if you can— it doesn’t always come with the rest of the ‘Screwtape’ material, but it’s FANTASTIC— especially if one is a political nut-case like myself. 😛
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Nice Daeus, very nice! It’s just so that you don’t have to be an expert to share what you’ve learned in order to help other writers learn. You should link the videos to the Scratching Quill. Ooo and will you take writing questions in the future to be featured on your 1 minute blurbs of writerly knowledge? 🙂
Keep it up! I love the idea! -
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look into that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look into that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I might have to look at that @kate-flournoy! Sounds like a GREAT book. 🙂
-
Daeus started the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone,
I just did something a little crazy. I started a youtube series of approx. 1 min videos on how to write well. Don’t ask me for my credentials. I did it anyways. I figure I don’t have to be an over all expert to help people, I just have to know something that they might not. So I did it.
I’d like to know what you think about it.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey Hannah! C. S. Lewis. 🙂
It’s not so much of a stunning story as it is a stunningly insightful… er… devotional, for lack of a better word! It’s basically the correspondence of Screwtape, a demon, with his nephew demon, Wormwood, in which Screwtape advises him in all the billions of ways to tempt a human being.
Now that sounds revolting…[Read more] -
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey! Kingdom Pen now has a Goodreads account. So if any of you are on Goodreads, check it out!
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Musicians/Music Artists? in the forum Music 10 years, 10 months ago
That is so cool, Ivy!!! I’d love to hear some of your music!!!
-
Kate Flournoy and
MarkMcGuire are now friends 10 years, 10 months ago -
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah:
Thank you for bringing up your concerns and presenting them civilly. 🙂 We’ve had similar discussions on this issue in the past, and I know I speak for the whole KP staff when I say we want KP to be a place for the sharing of many different viewpoints and ideas.
While you make a lot of good points, you also make a lot of assumptions a…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah:
Thank you for bringing up your concerns and presenting them civilly. 🙂 We’ve had similar discussions on this issue in the past, and I know I speak for the whole KP staff when I say we want KP to be a place for the sharing of many different viewpoints and ideas.
While you make a lot of good points, you also make a lot of assumptions a…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah:
Thank you for bringing up your concerns and presenting them civilly. 🙂 We’ve had similar discussions on this issue in the past, and I know I speak for the whole KP staff when I say we want KP to be a place for the sharing of many different viewpoints and ideas.
While you make a lot of good points, you also make a lot of a…[Read more]
- Load More
