@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
If you use WordPress, download the mailpoet plugin. I just started using it, and I really like it. It doesn’t care how old you are, and it is free up to 2000 subscribers.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Well, I just finished the webinar. If you missed it … I don’t know what to say. Big big bummer. It was fantastic. I had just finished reading a full book on marketing books, and I still learned some new and very helpful information. Did anyone else attend?
@writefury Instead of giving you my notes, I’m just going to give you the notes the guy…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
As for why a fantasy creature is evil, you seem still to not understand my question. [I didn’t mean demon. I meant fantasy creatures (which you think are connected to demons) incase there was any confusion] However, since I have tried to explain it three times, I think I had better let it rest. There is a difference between being able to talk…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Thank you Sarah. I really enjoyed this discussion.
I believe I have stated all my arguments, and furthermore I believe each and every one of them was Biblically and logically sound, as I tried to explain. I may perhaps have failed to come across on some points, but I don’t know how to state them more clearly.So thank you. God bless! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Absolutely. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes the hard truth is what we need.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Wonderful dramatic end. It made me laugh. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
*giant tsunami crashes over island, sweeps it all away* The end. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Thanks Daeus— I was wondering that too, but didn’t quite know how to say it. You put it down very clearly. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Um … I meant you @Sarah-h. oooooops!
Thanks for those clarifications. I believe that there were giants after the flood, I’m just not convinced that some of those creatures you mentioned are their relatives.
I also don’t think you quite understood my question about what makes these evil creature inherently evil. You said that it is because they…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
I appreciate your frankness, Sarah, but a lot of your arguments are either logically unsound or built very heavily on assumption. Thank you for sharing with me and taking the time to try and convince me, but I’m still going to have to say I disagree.
But we already know the reasons for that, and still aren’t agreeing, so I don’t think further…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Whoa there @Mr-pope, come join the forum and work out what you really believe. We’ll help you get rid of that bad logic mask. Bad arguments are like jokes, only they don’t make sense.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Oh the irony… and the Pope only succeeded in kicking the can a little further down the road. 😛
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Very good points Daeus!
Also, I saw this article and it made me chuckle considering this conversation. Apparently the Pope doesn’t consider God a magician either, and that He created the system of Evolution to account for life. Even if he is right, wouldn’t God still be a magician by his definition? Wouldn’t God still have had to wave His “magic…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Very good points Daeus!
Also, I found saw this article and it made me chuckle considering this conversation. Apparently the Pope doesn’t consider God a magician either, and that He created the system of Evolution to account for life. Even if he is right, wouldn’t God still be a magician by his definition? Wouldn’t God still have had to wave His…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Very good points Daeus!
Also, I found saw this article and it made me chuckle considering this conversation. Apparently the Pope doesn’t consider God a magician either, and that He created the system of Evolution to account for life. Even if he is right now, wouldn’t God still be a magician by his definition? Wouldn’t God still have had to wave…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic I just did this in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I really enjoyed that, Daeus! Nicely done! I liked that it was so short. Looking forward to the next one!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Oh gracious, yes, @Daeus! Absolutely show what a crushing, dangerous responsibility it is! In fact I’ve used (and am going to use) it in many ways to showcase how power can corrupt, and why it’s incredibly dangerous to trust a fallible human being with too much of it.
Only a few of my villains toss it around like it’s nothing, and it never…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Well, I’m here. Don’t worry, I’m not going to replay all your former debates. I just decided to take a look at what had been happening here, and I decided that I should probably just ask a couple question for my own curiosity and maybe see if I can untangle a bit of misunderstanding I seem to detect. I enjoyed reading through this discussion. I…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
@Reagan- Thanks for taking the time to write such an exhaustive reply! 🙂 There seems to be a disconnect between what I am trying to say and what you think I am saying. We define terms differently. You define magic as supernatural power. I believe magic is supernatural power from Satan. You believe Moses and Pharaoh’s magicians were all wizards. I…
- Load More
