@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Bedfordshire England
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Wait a minute… I just recalled to mind one of my old chums Everette Fletcher. (He was from the city of Mauven.) How odd that he and Percy have the same last name… perhaps distant cousins? Pray tell, where does this Percy Fletcher hail from?
Come to think of it Kate… could Mr. Burton and Mr. Burton be somehow related?! *gasp* Perhaps twins…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Haha, I’m really not sure. Of course, I have a general idea of what it sounds like. The thing is that just about any pronunciation of those letters would fit his character just about perfectly. My mom studied french, so I asked her. She wasn’t able to give me a definite answer though. So I have a pretty good idea, but I don’t…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@ Hope Jagger and Jasper Cornelius Wyss are amazing names! Oh wait, I also love Levi Hawthorne!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@ Tatiana Lyric is such a neat name! Very creative. I also really like Kadira.
*sigh* I feel so sad now that I know all your character names and I don’t know their stories! 🙁
@ Daeus Do you have a pronunciation key for Piercot Archambault? hahaha. I love it, but am botching the pronunciation I’m sure. Also the more you’ve talked about Edwin…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Protagonists:
Ethaniel
Anna WestSecondary Characters:
Levi Hawthorne
Nathan Flint Key
Sean Lindstrom
Jether
Jagger
SilvaraVillians:
Jasper Cornelius Wyss
Kagan Trent -
Daeus replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Oh boy, I love names. At least when you do them right.
Some of my favorites are actually my french characters. I have three I really like:
Piercot Archambault (the name just fits him like a glove)
Pierre La Sanglante
RameauxOf course, I love my MC’s name, Edwin Brook.
Of my other english names, I especially like:
Extor
Percy Fletcher
Thomas…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why would you kidnap a little girl? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
That would be great about the guy being part of the gang, @Joy-Schmidt! I would totally read that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why would you kidnap a little girl? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Everything that came to mind:
She was confused for someone else (my only good idea)
A mad scientist wants her for an experiment
Kidnaped by a rapist (there goes all your readers)
The kidnapper was insane and just did random things like that for not apparent reason
She was kidnapped by the super slimy salad monster who ONLY eats little…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why would you kidnap a little girl? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Well there are several options here, and some of them may not apply, but a few things that came immediately to mind are:
(1) To hold her hostage— I am assuming the older sister is in some way important, so they might want to manipulate her into doing something for them by holding her little sister against her.
(2) Are they a thief organization?…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Ooo I love Button Smallwood. Hahaha! Cracked me up! And he’s a police inspector. Very nice!
Well it’s official then, Mr. Burton is a great villain name on account that two great minds where thinkin’ alike. 😉
My Mr. Burton is a futuristic technician, for his villainous gang.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Why would you kidnap a little girl? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Does this book have a villain? Does the villain have anything personal against these two sisters that would make him want revenge? Or is there someone who would take the younger sister to lure the elder sister in and use them both for their evil plans?
Any chance that there’s a not so friendly neighboring country that despises the two sister’s…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Haha that’s funny, I had a villain named Mr. Burton too! He was a land agent…
I have so many characters and so many names it would take for-ev-er to list them all, but a few of my favorites are as follows. I’m only going to list historical fiction ones to save time.
Minor Characters:
Button Smallwood (Police Inspector)
Corrie (Cornelius)…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield started the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I love naming my characters! It’s one of my favorite things to do when creating my story; picking the names that will fit each character best.
What are some of your favorite names that you’ve used?Here are a few of mine. (some of these where from when I was a much younger writer mind you :))
Protagonist:
Lady Delia Guantly
Merlie
Katty…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Ooh, I just thought of another favorite messed up protagonist.
Ebenezer Scrooge.
Seriously, I’m not joking. 😛
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I attended the webinar; I learned a lot and thought it was really good. Thanks for bringing it up, @Daeus.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I have backed up my site before, but I don’t think it would work the same way for you. I would play it safe and just ask a techno geek (or two) what you should do.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
That’s strange. I would have thought that any WordPress system would let you use the plugin. If you ever want to switch over to the WordPress.org system, (You’ll need to back up everything!) it is free other than the server, which for me, only costs $12 a year. Totally worth it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’ve never tried. I assume however you would do it on another system would work with them. Do you know how to give away a free ebook? If your book is permafree, then all you have to do is supply the link, but I would feel kinda cheesy giving away something that is already free. Is it a promo code maybe?
- Load More
