@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
@mas401
XD Thanks, I’m glad you enjoy it! 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Well thanks! Would you mind posting one of your poems? Or are they all top secret? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Great. Thanks. I’ll definitely be trying it. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
That’s a good idea. It really won’t hurt. Just write down the major plot points, no more than ten paragraphs, then bullet point each chapter as you write it with 3-4 major plot points. That’s all. Super easy. No time wasted, much saved.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Perhaps you should do a slightly stricter outline for your books.
Hm… yes, more like ‘perhaps you should do an outline for your books.’
Believe me, I’m trying that with the next one. 😛 It can’t hurt to try.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Sloggels! I’m adding that to my dictionary!
Add it to all the other ones why you’re at it.
Whew, that’s more like it. Perhaps you should do a slightly stricter outline for your books.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Ooh… that’s a tough question. My absolute favorite poet of all time is J.R.R. Tolkien. He’s slightly famous, though not necessarily for his poetry. 😛
I love just about every kind of poem there is, though I tend to gravitate to sagas and ballads more than anything else.
As for what kind of poetry I write— well, it’s kinda difficult to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Sloggels! I’m adding that to my dictionary!
It’s a time thing. I realized halfway through the book that I spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time with not really important things in the first half, so once I finish writing the thing I’m going back and fixing a lot more stuff than I ever had to fix before.
And I was exaggerating……[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The Ballad of Scott Sterling in the forum Poetry 10 years, 9 months ago
Whoops, I was meaning to put up the video. Anyway, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0
Glad you guys like it. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to the Kingdom Pen kingdom, MK! Always great to have someone else to bounce stuff off of. 🙂
Glad we are so interesting to stalk. 😛
Gosh, I had no idea how prominent Ohio natives were on here. Well, I know I shall have quite a bit of fun if I ever visit the state. Though it is a long way from my personal soggy swamp of a homeland.
I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
2017! I’m hoping to have three books published by then.
Is it a time thing, or a concentration thing? Cause there are ways to break the concentration problem if your committed.
*Sloggels in the dust* I can’t wait that long…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
And I’m trying to hurry up! I’ve got at least five people on my back, so I’m bound to finish it at least before the beginning of 2017… maybe… 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
‘Pickiness is the mother of perfection…’ I like that. That should be my motto. 😛
Thanks Daeus— all very good points. I should probably do everything you suggested…
The thing with Gair, though, is he can be really nasty. Not the sort of person who just invites friendship. Besides that, he looks sinister even if he’s on your side, and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome, @mas410! Welcome welcome welcome!
I knew I’d been having a creepy feeling of being followed these last few months…
But this is the bestistest place on the internet. In my humble opinion. I don’t blame you at all for stalking it. 😉
I live in Southern Ohio, and love poetry too, though I don’t have the level of skill it takes to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey M.K. So you’ve been stalking me in real life too! I’m going to put that on my resumé: stalked by someone.
The celtic ball is fun. Anyone else going this spring? We could have a writer’s social. That would be purty sweet.
How you mention someone is by clicking one their profile (the little link under their picture). They will have this…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hello M.K.,
A hearty welcome! And Daeus is right, this is the bestistest place on the internet and we’re so glad you decided to (stop creeping the posts:) ) and join in!
Oh and your moment wasn’t ruined at all, it was made special. 😀
Yay for NaNoWriMo! What was that novel about?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey M.K.,
Welcome to the most bestistest place on the internet. It’s great to have you.
Sounds like we have a lot in common. I mean, come on, we’re fellow humans. That’s pretty sweet.
But actually, I live in central OH too, and I write poetry, so that’s quite a lot.
And congratulations for starting here. That’s something I probably should…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
schkabow! I like this. There is so very little to comment on, but because pickiness is the mother of perfection…
straightened suddenly
This really sounds fine, but as you know, it is best to avoid suddenly when you can. Instead of saying “straightened suddenly”, how about saying “bolted upright” or something.
“The best general’s in the ent…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Ballad of Scott Sterling in the forum Poetry 10 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha… so fun, @writefury! I don’t think I’ve seen the Studio C you’re referencing, but I got the story just from the poem. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks so much, @writefury! Denholm and Cobalt should be friends. 😉 😛
I’ll definitely work over that line and see if I can enhance it a little… it’s funny, because I didn’t really see that line as anything all that special or out of the ordinary, but now that you mention it I can see it has potential. 😀Yes, one thing I forgot to mention is…[Read more]
- Load More
