@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
We have some similar names as well @gretald! I have a Princess Miret and her father’s name is Miris. I love the Invisible Ones. Sounds so mysterious. I think I would like to meet this Madam Munch. She sounds like quite the character. 😉
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@bluejay I’m sorry but I just can’t help but jump in! I love Anne of Green Gables. (though I’ve only seen the first and second film). I just watched the first two films with some friends this past weekend. That scene were she acts out The Lady of Shallot poem is one of my favorites! I grew up watching those two movies and actually didn’t…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Have you ever seen Anne of Green Gables number one or two? In that movie she repeats from the Lady of Shalott all the time. “Willows whiten, aspens shiver, little breezes dance and shiver.” Or something like that. I have never actually read the entire thing but what is used in Anne is so good. Like the time she nearly drowned…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh boy, *hyperventilates excitedly* I know a poem you can read! ‘Specially if you love drama— for drama, and for reading aloud, this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE POEM. The Lady of Shalott.
It’s almost more like a saga than a poem, but I give myself chills reading this aloud. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh boy, *hyperventilates excitedly* I know a poem you can read! ‘Specially if you love drama— for drama, and for reading aloud, this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE POEM. The Lady of Shalott It’s almost more like a saga than a poem, but I give myself chills reading this aloud. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@daeus and @kate-flournoy – You have made me laugh so hard. 😀
Thanks @kate-flournoy for your suggestion. I’ll have a look at changing it.
As to poetry…hmmmmm…I’m actually not one to read poetry. I can never find the rhythm in them. But maybe I should try… 🙂
And cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg *yummy* add stewed apples and cream and voila, magnificent. 😀 -
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @kate-flournoy 🙂
Ooo, Arianwen is a great name!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
So true! @gretald
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Love the villain’s name, @gretald— simple, yet the name itself has character. 😀
I had to smile too when I saw the name for your MC, ’cause I have an MC right now whose name is very similar. Arianwen. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Love the villain’s name, @greta— simple, yet the name itself has character. 😀
I had to smile too when I saw the name for your MC, ’cause I have an MC right now whose name is very similar. Arianwen. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you’re on this Forum discussing writing with other writers. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
This is a great topic! I was just trying to figure out a name for my protagonist in a novel I just started when I saw this topic. 🙂
Protagonist:
Ariana QuinnOther Characters:
Sheryn Slade
Rosalyn Gardener
Queen Eldora
Prince Deron
Princess Mira
Madam Munch
Mrs. Dorandos
Miss HimwegVillan:
Enon
The Invisible Ones -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Thank you Hannah for digging this topic up from “the depths of despair”. 🙂 I’m glad you decided to share with us a few of your favorites! Hirrador Chardragon is an awesome name! And Blizzard Loxley is especially creative. Love them!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@aella— sorry, forgot to tag you. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey Hannah! Glad you dropped by again! 🙂 Those are really cool names— I especially like Hirrador Chardragon and Terrowin. Let me guess— fantasy? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Actually @Ivy-Rose I’ve never counted— I probably should. 😛
But it depends very heavily— sometimes I can’t even break past a thousand in one night, but last night, which was a fairly good night, I got 1,670. Saturdays I usually get a whole chapter down— and my chapters are really long. Like, 4,635 words. *cringe* I know. I need to trim my…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kateflournoy Wow! You do a lot of writing! How many words can you do in that time?
@hope Good for you! I wish I could write that much.
@daeus I wish I could do mornings. I envy those who can. 🙂
@rolena I write randomly throughout the day, too, but I learned that school drags on if I keep ‘taking a break’ to write. 😉 Middle of the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Name That Brick Wall– What Makes Writing Hard? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
twitter, articles on twitter, snacks
I’m getting depressed.
My next topic of research is going to be developing good writing habits and writing faster and more. That will be the ultimate procrastination excuse.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
A little cinnamon, some cloves, nutmeg – you too can become a word chef.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Name That Brick Wall– What Makes Writing Hard? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Deciding that I’m going to write some now and then trying to come up with the best possible scene that should come next… and then rethinking it and rethinking it and… well you get the picture. My fingers don’t even hit the keys sometimes.
Pinterest. It’s great for inspiration, but it’s a good thief of time.
Excuses, excuses excuses. I have…[Read more]
- Load More
