@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh, so that’s what a Chekhov’s gun is. Those are really really cool. I’ve actually got one super-major Chekhov’s gun in my Edwin Brook story.
Those back to the future examples sounded pretty good … but I’ve never seen that movie. In fact, I suppose I probably don’t consume hardly a tenth of the average person’s entertainment. Oh, well.
So,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Kidnaped by drugged parakeets? Don’t worry. It happens to me all the time.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I will feel free to do so in the future, then.
I think them hiding that they’re from the future would create a nice sort of tension undercurrent with them and the resistance. I mean, if they told them “Hey, we’re from this wacky future world and we came here in a time machine”, they’d probably think they were insane and not even listen to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@writefury I don’t mind info dumping. That is what I do to the rest of you.
Those are some good ideas. I never thought about them trying to hide they were from the future. I’ll have to toy with that.
Now I have to ask, what is a Chekov’s gun? I’ve never heard of that.
As to what happens to the time machine……….
……….I can’t tell you that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I think I just came up with a fantastic idea. It’s one of those, “do this exactly and everything will work wonderfully” type things. Of course, sometimes those don’t work out, but sometimes they do, so here I go.
This is what you should do:
Take this poem, and when you feel it is as good as you can get it, paint a picture to go…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
This idea. Is extremely awesome.

Okay, sorry. I couldn’t resist. XDAh, thank you. I now know I’m not the only one who has that sort of vague story-ending problem. 😛
Okay, ideas on fixing that. What happened to the time machine, anyway? You could use that again. Go through your story concept, find as many Chekov’s Guns as you can, and figure…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Ooh… oh boy. I volunteer for beta reading already. I’ve gotta run right now, so I’ll let this stew in my mind for a while, but believe me I will be getting back to you as soon as I can. Which will probably be sometime tomorrow. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh, I guess I should mention that my main point for the book is basically, “Changing the world starts with you.” The second point is, “Change the world.”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hm…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
You might be. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh.
Dare I ask if I am familiar with this… this other couple? 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m gad you think so. Though I was actually thinking about another…couple. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
If you’re talking about Cyth and Analissa, @Hope, I’d definitely say you did a good job with that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey, @sarah-h, You’re back! It’s been a while.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Actually…umm (*blushes and averts eyes*) I was thinking of one of my own books in which I’ve done this (how well I’ve done it is for others to judge, but I think it came off pretty well). It is hard to find a book that has romance but where it’s not a super big part of the story…my mind is blank right now, but I’ll tell you if I think of any.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome, Hannah! It’s always good to see new faces here on the forum. 🙂
I’ve got 5 brothers, too! My one little sis and I are severely outnumbered…but neither of us mind. Brothers are awesome. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
You do have a nice big family, @Hannah-Krynicki! I have four brothers and five sisters— just the opposite! It’s quite an adventure, isn’t it? 😉
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey, Hannah! Great to have you here! 🙂
Well, looks like we’re even on the brother count, but you’ve got me beat on sisters. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
@Hannah-Krynicki I suppose them just being in the bestistest place makes them bestister.
- Load More
