@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so this is a kinda dumb problem for a GIRL to be having, but I really struggle sometimes to give my female protagonists distinct personalities without either making them too weak and helpless or too strong and overbearing.
I mean, I’ve been doing a LOT better with it lately (don’t ask me why, it’s just one of those things) but I’d still…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so this is a kinda dumb problem for a GIRL to be having, but I really struggle sometimes to give my female protagonists distinct personalities without either making them too weak and helpless or too strong and overbearing.
I mean, I’ve been doing a LOT better with it lately (don’t ask me why, it’s just one of those things) but I’d still…[Read more] -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ohhhh yes, I forgot to mention that the most awesomest part of WordPress is the plugins!!!! There are thousands of them available. I use several and haven’t paid for one yet!!!
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ohhhh yes, I forgot to mention that the most awesomest part of WordPress is the widgets!!!! There are thousands of them available. I use several and haven’t paid for one yet!!!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Never mind about the contact page; I figured that part out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope I used the plugin WCP contact form. I liked it because it came with a captcha and didn’t cost anything.
I have not made a landing page yet because I don’t have my free offer written yet, but I will be working on that shortly.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus How did you create your contact page? Also, have you made a landing page yet?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That’s sweet @hope. btw Draft2Digital will do the formatting for you for your ebook if you want them to. Since I’m planning to use vellum, that doesn’t make much of a difference to me, but it is a neat feature and doesn’t cost anything.
-
Daeus started the topic another webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hey everyone,
There is a webinar coming up here soon that I thought you would all like. It is on getting influencers to promote your book. The guy who is doing it is amazing. I’ve read his books and they really help you with simple ways to do seemingly difficult things. He has helped hundreds of authors with online marketing including many…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oops, she tagged you @Daeus. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ah yes, I want a landing page, which is part of the reason I switched to WordPress. I’m not sure if I can create one yet or not; I’ll have to experiment. But I do know I can switch everything over to .org if/when I want to (I’ll lose the menu and will have to redo the format, but the information will come over). And, from what I’ve seen there are…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes, @Daus, I’m thinking about changing the title of that section. That’s the nice thing; it’s very easy to switch out to an updated document if spelling errors or other things are caught.
The rose section break was a very tiny jpg picture (which I got from Kate). I made up a style so it would be formatted right and inserted it between sections.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks, everyone. 😉
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 8 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I love your story @writefury I can very easily picture the little boy and his smile. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh and by the way, CONGRATULATIONS @HOPE!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @Daeus. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
It is a page you create that has one only one thing for viewers to do – generally sign up for an email list. It won’t look like the rest of your website. You specially design it to focus everything on what you are offering (free book) and what you want (email address). There are no links for people to click unless you purposely place them there.…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Well done @hope. It looks great. 😀 😀 😀 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Since there are two writing prompts I decided to combine them. Here goes:
Once there was on opossum and his name was Sparky. Now Sparky was like any other opossum, he had long silvery fur and climbed trees very well. The only trouble was…well…he was afraid of the dark. Now if you’re an opossum, that can pose as a rather big problem.
One day,…[Read more] - Load More
