@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Very good! Now I can change back to sensible me. *sweet smile*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
There you go @bluejay, that’s what I’m talking about.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh perfect, @bluejay, perfect! 😛
@Daeus— great. 🙂 😉 🙂 😉 🙂 😉 🙂 😉 😛 😉
And thank you, @writefury, @hope, and @bluejay. All of those are very good suggestions. And I do that too, @hope— the contradictions thing. 🙂 I didn’t use to do it as much, but now I do, and it’s crazy fun. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
There you go @daeus. That is the best I can do for an upside-down-tongue-out-emoji
(Let me know when you’ve seen it so I can change back or everyone here will think I’m nuts!) ((And I’m not really crazy 😛 )) -
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
This thread has been quiet for four whole days!
A tough soldier who likes bubble baths (not completely my idea)
A bad guy (or girl) who just annoys people who mess up instead of killing them.
A waterfall that wants to settle down and become a quiet lake. (not sure where that one came from. Maybe the picture on my calendar).
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic kindleperneur in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ll have to look into that. Thanks. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I have a hard time creating distinct characters, especially MCs. But one thing which is fun to do, even if I don’t do it as much as I should (and this can go with both male and female characters) is to mix up traits that no one would ever think of together. Kind of like on the boiled potatoes from blue sky thread; have a bad guy who’s afraid of…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I take a quiet delight in setting the example. (I want an upside down emoji right about now: one with the tongue sticking out.)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy. I find I ask myself (when I’m writing about girls) “what would I do in this situation?” Anna (Anna’s Savanna) and Tess (Princess Tess and the Perfect Story) are based on my views and opinions, and yet I still don’t feel like they are me. I don’t make them me, I just give them a few good ideas and then let them handle the rest.…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’d say sticking them with a strong personality (not strong as in “butch-chick” strong. More just consistent) is a starting point. It took me a while to get Jean working because I did a bit of a self insert at first and it took me a while to stumble my way out of that. But I worked out my second female MC’s personality first the next time and I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh hey @Rolena-Hatfield, we were posting at the same time! And oh yes, definitely interview your characters, I can’t tell you enough how helpful and ridiculously fun it is. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
w/o any good knowledge on this, I will proceed to ramble – not because I have stuff to say, but because I am wondering what I’ll say. I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll learn something from myself and then I’ll know it betterer.
I cannot tell you how many times I have done that. 😛
That test thing idea is a very good one— I may have to try that. Hm.…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
One little nifty trick that helps me when I think my characters personalities are becoming vague and watered down from what I originally wanted them to be, is to interview them.
Take them out of the story, set them down and figure out their likes, wants, goals, fears, etc. It’s kinda fun to ask your character about their life problems,…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I know I love the widgets. One of them includes a Mailchimp popup, but I don’t normally like pop-ups on sites I visit, so I’m not going to us it…yet. ; )
I’m not sure how to create a landing page yet. That may be something I’ll need to upgrade for, but I won’t need one until summer. Can you tell me how you do it whenever you do make one, @Daeus.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I know I love the widgets. One of them includes a Mailchimp popup, but I don’t normally like pop-ups on sites I visit, so I’m not going to us it…yet. ; )
I’m not sure how to create a landing page yet. That may be something I’ll need to upgrade for, but I won’t need one until summer. Can you tell me how you do it whenever you do make one, @Daeus.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I am officially dominating this section with a bunch of posts that should have all been one. Here is the tag thingy *dramatic pause* spelled correctly. @kate-flournoy
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh yeah, and I just wrote my first ever (I think) scene from a female’s pov. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Actually, I think it was ok, (probably because it was really short) but any tips are goody goody gumdrops.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh, hehe, tag thingy forgotten @kate-florunoy
And btw, what’s her name was pretty well done I thought.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Female Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
w/o any good knowledge on this, I will proceed to ramble – not because I have stuff to say, but because I am wondering what I’ll say. I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll learn something from myself and then I’ll know it betterer.
I am going to recommend something I half stole – like all my bestistest ideas. Try a split test. Write the best character…[Read more]
- Load More
