@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yeeeah… I wouldn’t agree with the point of that section at all. :/
I mean, in the Bible we hear about those who thought they were serving God by doing good works in his name only to hear in the end “I never knew you. Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.” With that, it seems pretty obvious that a pagan can’t, without even knowing God,…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Or even explaining what a video is! 🙂
My youngest sister adores the old Cinderella. I love the new Cinderella movie. (The acted out one.) Have you seen it? If not, you should. It is great. 😛 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ah yes Dumbo! I had forgotten about that movie! I grew up on Dumbo and Cinderella. If it wasn’t one in the VHS player it was the other. Huh… it’ll be weird when I try to explain to my kids one day what a VHS player is. hehehe 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
The rain lashed down on my ship. I stood with my paws braced on the deck. Rats scurried around me, fastening things. One of them, the boatswain, slipped on the slippery deck and took a nose dive. He glanced up to find me watching him.
“Capt’n, we need to drop anchor. We are going to die if we continue.”
“Nonsense,” I roared back over the noise of…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
An elephant who just loves mice.
That is so cute @rolena-hatfield. Have you seen the movie Dumbo? That has an elephant who likes a mouse called Timothy. Sweet movie.:)
@anna-brie Are you interested in writing to each other? I can get Kelly to send you my email address if you want.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Great thoughts!
Because of the picture Mr. Lewis is painting here for us, that good works are a part of salvation, there is therefore no picture of accountability and future judgment and everyone has the chance at being received as a son so long as he does good things in this life.
Such a false picture of just and holy judgment. If it was as Mr.…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
An F.B.I. agent who is secretly terrified of guns.
An elephant who just loves mice.
An army pilot who’s scared of heights.
-
Anna Brie changed their profile picture 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I almost asked if you were related to her. I had forgotten she had any sisters. Yes it is a small world.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I just going to ask if you were related to her. I didn’t know she had any sisters. Yes it is a small world.
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 8 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather: Hi, Chloë! So glad you decided to join Kingdom Pen. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy
It was great to take that webinar. It is just as good to be done and come here.When it comes to arguments like these, I tend to prefer the point by point approach. I’ll try to use that here. C.S.Lewis justifies the Calormen soldier in this way:
1. He who seeks good seeks the God who is good.
2. He who seeks the God who is good…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes, @Belegteleri, totally agree! 🙂 Saying that a man can sincerely serve a false god (nothing more than a delusion of his own erring human brain) and through it serve the one true God in Whom he does not believe is the height of arrogant ignorance.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ll hold you to that. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m just about to take a webinar, so I can’t stick around long, but my quick answer is NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!! C.S.Lewis scares me honestly. He’s got some great stuff and then he’s got some stuff that makes me go, “Huh? Wait, but – you – what? Where did you get that idea? Wha-wa-wa…???”
I shall return.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
This is so cool. I was thinking lately (something I do a bit of now and then) and I don’t know what on earth set me thinking about this, but I remembered a passage from C.S. Lewis’ ‘The Last Battle’ and I realized something I’d never noticed before… then I was just like ohhhhhhhhh boy I gotta share this on the forum.
CAUTION: FURTHER PROCEDURE…[Read more]
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Neat!
I have it and will read it! -
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Neat!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
“I would throw up water so that the light of the torch would catch it.” 🙂
Confession: My sister is Kelly Just. She told me that she met you but I hadn’t made the connection.
And I’d heard the answer via my siblings.
Isn’t it a small world??? 😛 @anna-brie -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@bluejayI went to the Australia Creation Super Camp last month. We had a real live fluvial geomorphologist speaking there. He had a story about how he was on the upper Amazon and accidentally crossed the border from Peru to Equador and got caught. Then when they were escaping someone fell out of the boat. It was dark, but they had a torch. Then we…[Read more]
- Load More
