@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-florunoy
Aye aye Captain, that’s right smart there.I do visualize my scenes, but unfortunately, I often fail to express that visual like I should. Thankfully though, like I said, I’m starting to pull out of that and it seems to be making my writing much better. It’s nice that I’m realizing this before any publication. Hopefully, when I go…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
An order of monks who have taken a vow of cheerful chattering.
You have no idea how hard that made me laugh, @Anna-Brie. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ah, this is a great topic, @Daeus. I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about— only I never had to go through the transition you’re going through now. My books always started as movies in my head— a visual reference to set down on paper, and I wrote it as I saw it, not as I thought it ‘ought to be written’, if you know what I mean.
I don’t…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Now THAT would be something. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus: Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve never really thought about it before, but the example you gave makes a lot of sense. The second example really sucks you into the story because you feel like you’re a part of the story. Like I said, I’ve never really thought about that before. I’ll have to look out for “textbook writing” in my…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m entering an exciting time, because after reading some books recently with an author analytical mindset and mostly by editing one of my stories and listening to my mom’s edits on it, I’ve come to learn a lot about how to put things. I always knew it wasn’t enough just to have a killer plot and intriguing sub-plots. I knew that one had to write…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
So cute, @sarah-h. Tell your little brother ‘well done.’
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
An order of monks who have taken a vow of cheerful chattering.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy That top one actually sounds like the plot of Eight Cousins to an extent. XD
A super cheerful, perky character who swooshes around in a long, evil-looking, black hooded cape.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A merry, cheerful old uncle who wins the heart of his glum, sour, peevish young niece.
And a fantasy uncle (brother to the king and uncle to the prince) who is NOT a usurper. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ooh… that would be something @Joy-Schmidt. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy and
Haley Long are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Maybe both together… XD
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@bluejay I’d love to write to you. I’ll give Kelly my email address for you.
Evil kittens.
Self-knitting yarn of doom (says my brother)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Thanks! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Good thoughts, everyone. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh @writefury those last two—! Oh man, you need to write those. That would be beyond hilarious.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m actually in the process of writing out the gentle giant knight and action-girl princess story I had the idea for on here. 😛 Thanks for starting it up, @hope!
A suave young garbageman
An eco-friendly villain who rides his bike everywhere and recycles his poison receptacles. -
Daeus replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I read it and it was really good.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
“Ah! Mommy, there’s the panda! I love him so much!”
Yet another child’s squeal reached my ears and I glanced up from my bamboo munching to the adoring crowd that seemed to always be crowded to near my enclosure.
I sighed and lumbered about halfway to them before sitting back down to eat the rest of my snack.
“Wow!” observed a nearby zookeeper.…[Read more] - Load More
