@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay and
The Happy Bookaholic are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid and
The Happy Bookaholic are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well for me, I read fast. Way too fast! I end up thinking I’ve read everything in the book and then I reread it and find a part that I didn’t know was in there. And then I read the book for the third time and find a completely new part that I managed to miss twice. It can get a bit creepy when I reread a book for the tenth (or hundredth) time and…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Not a very deep question, but I’m curious. How fast do you read? I’m wondering because, while I know you can technically breeze through a book at 100mph and remember all the important details, I’m wondering if there might be something the people who do that miss – something more than details, things more like meaning, connections, the skill of the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hi all you fellow writers 😉 in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Ah, a poet poet poet. As to this forum, it is like the pine covered mountain tops in which the eagles nest. Scouts gaze from on it. They say, “There, the beryl lakes, smiling like enchanting eyes. There the scattered villages: Thatched castled kinsman love. There the secret wilderness, waiting waiting waiting us to come.”
Needless to say, that is…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi all you fellow writers 😉 in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@cahndida-serkhaman Hi. Welcome to one of the best places in the world. There is a lot of good stuff on this forum and everyone is super helpful. There is never a boring moment here. 😀
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hi all you fellow writers 😉 in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Welcome @cahndida-serkhaman! We are super glad you’ve joined the forum!
Good character name! Very creative! I love it! What part does that character play in your story?
I’m looking forward to reading your poem! -
Lightningmouse posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
<<< CIVIL WAR, HERE WE COME!
-
YES. XD My brother and I are so excited for that movie. (Love the avvie, btw)
-
OH YEAH. Thanks; Bucky’s my favorite Marvel character aside Cap XDXD I’m rather excited too 😀 And then there’s a whole list of the next movies after it in Phase 3 (there’s even gonna be a Phase 4). Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk 2, Thor 3, Spiderman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, and The Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 and 2.
-
Oh my goodness, yes! I can’t wait!!!!! 😀
-
And I looked it up again; apparently I was wrong about the Hulk (drat), and had forgotten about Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
-
-
Lightningmouse changed their profile picture 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Cahndida Serkhaman and
Lightningmouse are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi all you fellow writers 😉 in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the forum, Cahndida Serkhaman Stardust Galadriel! 😉 I love singing too, and archery, though I don’t do that as much as I would like. 🙂
Important forum abbreviations to know are as follows:
WIP: work in progress
POV: point of view
MC: main characterAlso, if you want a particular person to answer you or see your post, you can tag…[Read more]
-
Cahndida Serkhaman started the topic Hi all you fellow writers 😉 in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone! 😀 I’m glad to be on here! My username, Cahndida Serkhaman, is the name of a character I made up. On the OYAN forum my username is Stardust. (Don’t know how many people on here are OYANers but whatever…) Lets see if I can remember to call myself by the right username… 😛
I love writing and one of my poems is soon to be published…[Read more] -
Cahndida Serkhaman changed their profile picture 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Cahndida Serkhaman replied to the topic Hi howdy hey. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Greetings 😀
-
Cahndida Serkhaman's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Yes, definitely @Daeus. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Emotion in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Emotion is a hard thing for me to write, though it is definitely worth taking the time to write well because unrealistic emotion ruins the best story.
One thing which could help with emotion is to show the character’s thoughts as well as make sure the reader understands the villain’s emotional reason for wanting to kill the MC. If they can…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Another thing I find helpful is to visualize your character in your mind. I mean an actual picture. The face is the most important part. Sometimes you will have only a vague idea of what your character is like, but when you look at their face, you see so much more than you knew was there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
No problem @sarah-h! 😀 The list I gave you is just to help ‘humanize’ your characters in your mind— if you can think about them as living, breathing, complex… er… problems, that’s half the battle. 😉
Does a character have to have a major flaw to be relatable and realistic? No. In fact if you think about it, there’s not a majority or…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic Hi howdy hey. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, hi. I’m here and I’m late (here, that’s soooo shocking)
So am I XP. I’ll have to force myself to leave this as my only tab tomorrow so I can answer these. All my many tabs distract me 😛
- Load More
