@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Another Ohioan here. Can I just say that Ohio is the most underrated state in the US? It’s really a very pretty state, and I love here. 🙂
Okay, stuff about the US…hmm…
-Trump’s probably going to win the Republican nomination. Sadly. Very Sadly.
-Hillary’s going to win the Democratic nomination. Again, sadly.
-I wish I could vote, but…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic In a 3rd person story… in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@ivy-rose This might help as far as determining for you: http://thestorymonger.com/writing/characters/four-ways-to-take-advantage-of-the-power-of-a-3rd-person-limited-pov/
He shows the difference pretty well between Omnicient and Limited. 🙂
Awesome! We’re running a booth, so I’ll let you know as soon as I know *cough* where it is… 😛 -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Kale: Another little secret. I’ve had it in smoothies. I’ve also seen it in baked goods and countless other things.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Kale: a little secret. Slice kale up and add champagne vinaigrette and you just made the best salad in the whole wide world.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Waaaaw… I’ve learned quite a bit scrolling through this topic.
See if I can’t add some facts of my own. Western Washington exclusive, mostly.
.We have rain all the time. But barely anyone uses umbrellas.
.Our beaches are rocks and driftwood.
.Coffee stands everywhere.
.And organic kombucha and kale.I’ll probably think of some good US facts…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Australia is a monarchy???? I know nothing obviously.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Singapore sounds pretty interesting.
I’d venture to say though that the US was, at least at one point and to a great degree still is, the freest country in the history of the world. Yeah, you’re right about the crumbling part, but that really accentuates our strong foundation, cause if we fall, so falls the world economy and essentially the free…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Yay, Anna! I’m not the only one who reads like that. My sister on the other hand read soooooooooo slowly. She has so many good books to read and it will take her forever to get to them. And I have to be careful not to spoil the plot before she’s read them. But thankfully she is starting to speed up.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, in case people hadn’t noticed I’m in Australia too. New South Wales which is the first state and once took up the whole eastern side of Australia. and for your information Australia is a Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
And over here people are allowed to own guns. It’s just that we have stricter rules. You can’t carry them.…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, in case people hadn’t noticed I’m in Australia too. New South Wales which is the first state and once took up the whole eastern side of Australia. and for your information Australia is a Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
And over here people are allowed to own guns. It’s just that we have stricter rules. You can’t carry them.…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I read way too fast. Often I’ll actually read through twice when I get a new book. In fact that’s a good judge of how much I like it. Like Tessa, I notice new things reading through the umpteenth time.
I do notice a lot more when listing to an audio book, which is of course slower. Also I read history, or any other denser book more slowly. I think…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy said “To use a very simple example, if the message is about overcoming fear by the grace of God, start with a very timid, nervous, stressed-out character who’s afraid of everything, and take it from there.”
I’ve got that as one of my subplots. I like it because I could actually write a one sentence pitch for that plotline without a…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Awe, don’t put yourself down Kate, you’re 99.11% novelist.
By the way, have you ever taken that personality test thing?
I read this interesting article once that proposed (if I remember correctly) that the submarine was not able to make it back to shore because of something to do with the moon and tides.
You know, that theory sounds a whole lot…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Whew! Glad to hear it, @Daeus, glad to hear it…
And believe it or not, I actually knew both of those facts. I just wish all the submarine crews hadn’t drowned trying it out. 🙁
In fact, if you read the story of that first submarine, there’s something about it that appeals to the novelist bit of me (which is like 99.10 % of me) very strongly. I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh yeah, totally.
And I forgive you.
Amerifacts:
.Parliment didn’t have any right to pass the stamp act.
.The confederates invented the submarine. They also invented metal ships. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Wait wait wait wait— Lew Wallace was American?
I take it all back. Every word of it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Lew Wallace!!! Excuse me!!!
My, isn’t the weather nice today.
On the good side of things, I have noticed a few fields with cover crops which you never used to see before. On top of that, our neighbor is growing oats or something. I am nearly dying with serenity.
*Whimper face* Can only vote after primaries.
@bluejay You make swords? That’s…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I’m in Eastern Washington state. Contrary to popular belief, it DOES NOT RAIN ALL THE TIME here. Go to the west side of the state; yep, it absolutely does. Here in eastern WA, we’re in a high desert area. We have four lovely, very distinct seasons. We have temps ranging from (fahrenheit) 105 to -10. It’s the perfect place to live (in my very…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy I know lots of great USA authors. When I get home, I’m out at the moment, (can’t keep away) I’ll see who I can find for you.
I don’t mind. I’m 18 so I’ll have to vote this year. *crinkles up nose in disgust* I really don’t know much about the political side of stuff, so I might find it a bit tough to figure out *the good guys*.…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
That’s a big day in our primary presential elections.
Did you mean “presidential”?
Thanks. Those facts are great. (We are allowed guns. We just have to have a license. Same with swords. Which is a shame cause we make short movies that need swords. We end up having to make our own.) They can look pretty awesome though. 😛 - Load More
