@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus
Yeah, I realized that after I submitted my comment! 🙂 Ohio definitely wins! -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Nope sorry. I shall not be attending said event. 🙂
You live on the hot n dry side right?
@hannah-c Boo. Ivy Rose and I are. We could have had a kingdom pen party. 😛
No, actually. I’m nearer to Seattle. ‘Tis thunderstorming outside as I type.Wow, @bluejay. Good job finding all those tags. It seems to have worked somewhat. XD
-
Greta and
Daeus are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Yes, I think we win actually. There’s you, Greta, Kate, and me. I’ve lived near Columbus most of my life, so chances we probably have some mutual friends or something.
Ok, you can get a piece of the pie. Fact is though, they didn’t have to choose Kitty Hawk, but the people who actually did all the work (and 95%…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Some Ohio fun facts:
-I think there are 7 presidents from Ohio (Virginia has the most presidents, but Ohio’s second)
-Neil Armstrong is from Ohio.
-Ohio’s state flag is pendant-shaped, and it’s the only state flag not rectangular-shaped in the United States.
-Cedar Point (in Ohio) is one of the best amusement parks in the US (some people say in…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury: Congratulations on winning the writing prompt for the month! I really liked your story. 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Are there any other Ohioans? I’ve grown up near Columbus my whole life. We live in the country on a small farm/zoo (the farm part consists of chickens and sheep, and the zoo part is 8 cats, and 3 dogs). 🙂
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I’m originally from Ohio (yes the Wright Brothers were from Ohio therefore Ohio gets the title), but for the last 16 months I’ve been living in Florida.
-
BlueJay and
Josiah DeGraaf are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Aren’t you the ones that have the licence plate feud with us over who can really claim the Wright brothers?
Oh yeah, another Amerifact is that we invented the airplane (or if you’r an ooparts fanatic, perhaps we reinvented it)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, for a bit my climax was frustrating me. I had my characters in a situation but couldn’t figure out how to get them out without killing one. 😉 I did in the end though, thankfully (figure it out, not kill them).
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, for a bit my climax was frustrating me. I had my characters in a situation but couldn’t figure out how to get them out without killing one. 😉 I did in the end though, thankfully.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Gene Stratton-Porter! I can’t believe I forgot her— everybody should read Gene Stratton-Porter. Fantastic with characters.
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Wow, guys. I think I can taste… like… bald eagle feathers. Also, freedom.
Really bad knock-knock joke:
Knock, knock!
Who’s there?
Not freedom.
Freedom rings.
*drops mic*
Anywayz, I’m from Georgia. If any others of you happy rebellious hooligans also reside in the state that is also known as awesome, we should meet up sometime. ‘cuz…[Read more]
-
Haley Long replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I live in Indiana, and yes, we grow WAY TOO MUCH CORN!!!! It’s all over the place where I live. Um, let’s see, some facts about Indiana, the southern part is more hick and warm and receptive than the northern part of Indiana.
Indiana weather is bipolar. Seriously. It snowed the other day and then it was seventy degrees five days later. So it…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Character conversions and death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Taken from Daeus’ Encyclopedic Unabridged Fictionary of the English Language.
A good conversion is:
.Essential to the plot. If you don’t have to rewrite the story by taking it out, it will probably seem thrown in there.
.Carefully built up to. This is just the way it is with any character arc. The reason for the incident that led to his…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury No I have never tried a didgeridoo. I think I have heard one but I can’t remember where. Maybe it was on TV.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Next lot. 😛
@hislittlerose
@rramm
@ezra-wilkinson
@a-knight-of-the-prince (I love your profile pic)
@jessicakolbo
@hannah-krynicki
@markmcguire
@damaris-tutor
@watersnail
@zoe-wingfeather
@christianna-hellwigPhew, that’s a lot. I have got to take a break for minute.
Come on you next lot. Let’s cover the USA. 😀 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h It’s been hard, but not overwhelmingly so. It’s not so much that words won’t come or I don’t know what to write; I simply just don’t want to write anymore…like around halfway through. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Ah, let’s see, has anyone mentioned that today is Texas Independence Day? Texas is the only US State to be its own nation for several years before becoming a state. Well, I guess there were also the Hawaii Islands (which didn’t become a state until the 1950s) but I’m not sure that counts.
- Load More
