@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Okay, things about Australia. We can have thunder storms in summer, which on the odd occasion make the power go out and on very rare occasions it doesn’t get fixed until 21 hours later. Hence me not saying any thing for a couple of days.
About our history, Captain Cook was the first to claim the territory and do much mapping. There were a few…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 7 months ago
I like the idea of a chapter a week.
I don’t know about others, but skype would be too much for me. First of all, our internet won’t currently support it, though we’re supposed to get unlimited soon. Also, I do better when I can just pop in and make a comment, take a break, and then come back again. That way I can take my time analyzing things…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@lightningmouse Captain America, yes!!!! I’m so looking forward to that. And Star Wars too, but to a lesser degree. 😉
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
The main problem in Oklahoma has less to do with the wind and more to do with the wind ferrets that come with it. They’re a serious problem.
*laughs until I can’t breathe* *catches breath* Yep. Wind ferrets. Gospel truth, @bluejay. XP
Various breeds plague different areas of the US. Up here in Washington, the rain weasels get pretty bad. T…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 7 months ago
YEEEEESSSSS this would be so awesome! 😀 If we can, we should do like a book suggestion topic or somethin’ like that for submitting ideas for that.
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well… this looks cool. XD
Yikes @hope 5000 words? That’s pretty good. Very good, actually. Best I can handle right now is around 100 or more words XP
And is anyone else excited for Captain America: Civil War and Star Wars: Rogue One? I am, and really can’t wait 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh, and we get to hear wild dogs at night. Or coyotes; I’m still not sure what they are. We don’t normally hear them, only a few times a year, after dark, and then for only a few minutes (we live in the country). But they are one the creepiest things you’ll ever here. They almost sound human, but not quite. High, chilling, a mixture of a wild…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 7 months ago
That sounds cool; depending on the size of the book, I could probably manage a book a month…or whatever you guys do. 😉
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 7 months ago
DUDE! DAEUS! This sounds fantastic. Basically a KP book club. I am a fan of this idea. *much nodding* Lemme talk to the other staffers about it and I’ll get back to you, but I don’t think this would be really difficult to do. It might be harder to do a book a month (that’s a ton of reading). What about more like just reading a chapter a week? We…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic An idea in the forum 10 years, 7 months ago
@spradlin You asked us a while ago if we had any ideas for ways to make KP better. Well, I had a rather large idea, but I’m wondering exactly how it would work. I’ve been realizing how helpful it is to analyze books. I learn good writing techniques and also see what mistakes other authors have made so I can avoid them. Now, what came into my head…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Much better @bluejay
If you wanted to make a children’s book, you’d have to have an illustrator unless you can do it yourself. You’d probably want a couple more stanza’s too and I would make it a whole stanza a page. You can self-publish children’s books in paper and e-formats or you could shoot for a publisher if you prefer that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Try this.
He said, “I’ll destroy you.
I’ll wipe out all men,
I’m sorry I made you.
I’ll start over again.”
😀 -
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Oops, somehow I forgot about this.
Looks good, but you’ve two lines that don’t quite work grammatically. I’ll just list them for you. What’s in the parentheses won’t necessarily work poetically, but it’s what would make the line work grammatically.
I’ll wipe out human (should be “humanity”)
And thunderclouds to pour (should be “poured”)
-
Lightningmouse's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus (Tagging you so you see it) What do you think? 😛
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c I live on the hot and dry side of WA. 🙂 Where are you located?
-
Ingrid and
Daeus are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
We really do celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks, hot dogs or hamburgers, chips, pop, and watermelon; at least some of us do. It’s not just stereotype.
Basketball is a fairly large sport here in Indiana, not just football.
Indiana is the Hoosier state; meaning, yes, we call ourselves Hoosiers. There are many stories of where ‘Hoosier’ came…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
We really do celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks, hot dogs or hamburgers, chips, pop, and watermelon; at least some of us do. It’s not just stereotype.
Basketball is a fairly large sport here in Indiana, not just football.
Oh, and the US Navy SEALs are the best!
- Load More
