@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta and
Lightningmouse are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Start? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
*two thumbs up* 😉 😛
Ugghhhh… that is like the tenth time I’ve almost written your tag as literally atwritefury. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
*pokes topic*
I’ve got something new to say on this. So… *shouts into megaphone* WAKE UP EVERYBODY AND PUT YOUR THINKING CAPS ON!!!!
Thank you. Glad to have secured your attention.
It’s a very simple point, actually, and more on the specific discussion of actual character conversions than Christian fiction in general, but I thought it was…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Yay, problem solved!!!
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Novel Start? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Haha, definitely get that. I shall keep you in mind, though! 😛
YESSS all those. *takes notes* It’s a kind of humorous situation as well. 😉
Forgiveness is a side theme. I think the main one is something like… taking a stand against larger evils? Something like that. They end up pretty much battling the whole Nimrodian system to try and save…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Hmm, that stinks. Let me know if it works now.
Yeah, it works for me now 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes, it does @reaganramm! Thank you! 🙂
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Hmm, that stinks. Let me know if it works now.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
@reaganramm Try this @kate-flournoy for Reagan’s tag.
And yes, I’ve got the same problem too. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Ah— hahaha, I didn’t catch that actually. 😛 Nice. XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Same here. Love the Princess Bride reference, though. Best 404 I’ve seen. XD

-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
Same for me whenever I click on a profile link.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather Cool! So what’s the book you’re working on now?
OH YES. I really want to do an ending rewrite sometime. I haven’t read the wingfeather saga, but the red rock mysteries…. need a new ending. It was perfect. Except for the last book. I still haven’t forgiven the authors for that one. 😛
Hey, that sounds pretty cool! You should post…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Nice writing! Same problem as a few other peeps with having pretty much no idea who anyone is. (Except Arthur and Edmund. 😛 )
I’d say to change the beginning. To quote KM Weiland: You want your readers to keep reading because of a question and “What the heck is going on?” is not a valid question.
It’s good to hold off telling everyone exactly…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Sweet looking writing contest in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh, cool! Thanks for sharing, @daeus.
-
Daeus started the topic Sweet looking writing contest in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know about this writing contest I’m planning to join. It’s a Christian short story contest.
Further details HERE
-
Daeus replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Other than just having no idea who these characters are and their back story, I think the main problem was a scattered and rushed scene structure. There’s some slowing down that needs to be done and that includes describing the details of setting, facial expressions, feel in the air, etc. I get the sense that you are skipping back…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
“Ashlynn!” a voice shouts from behind. “Watch out for-” I’m knocked unconscious before the voice can finish it’s sentence.
Maybe here you could describe how the character was knocked unconscious more…for example, you could say, “I felt something hard strike the back of my head, and everything went black.” Or something like that. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Hm… the biggest problem to me seems to be the rushed flow of it @adry_grace. Also, the characters have zero personality. You know ’em because you’ve seen whatever it is they’re from, and it’s cool to you to have them in these situations because you know them and it’s fun to think how they would react, but I as a reader not familiar with the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Hm… the biggest problem to me seems to be the rushed flow of it. Also, the characters have zero personality. You know ’em because you’ve seen whatever it is they’re from, and it’s cool to you to have them in these situations because you know them and it’s fun to think how they would react, but I as a reader not familiar with the story am left…[Read more]
- Load More
