@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@aratrea If you have the time, I’ve love your feedback with the rest of the story. 😀
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
“Well, geez man. I just remembered one little detail. It’s not like I’ve got everything now.” I’m a little annoyed with how cryptic he’s being.
He tilts his head and keeps his eyes fixed on me.
I lean back against the wall and we sit in awkward silence for a bit as I peruse the stunningly empty archives of my mind. Nope. Nothing.
I turn to look at…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
This just keeps making me think of Prince Caspian and the underground fight. That scene is done so well, with Caspian and Peter counting. Maybe there is something there that will help.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
There once was a lizard called Ted.
Who lived in an old tin shed.
His head was dark blue,
And his tail was too,
But he wished that they had been red. -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
I’d second @lightningmouse. Clickety-clack sounds cool. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
“Wren?” I was stunned. “Wren, like the bird?”
“Yes.”
“Oh.” I thought I might have had a better name then that. Still I can vaguely remember liking it.
“Dad use to called me his Jenny Wren,” I cry, triumphantly.
Gavin nods and smiles.
“I’m starting to remember,” I crow.
“Good,” said Gavin.
“Now what?” I ask.
Gavin looks at me.
“What? Am I suppose…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Or even 0:45 – 0:60?
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 6 months ago
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sounds like fun @lightningmouse. Do you want to try it for 15min with me? Maybe from 0:35 – 0:50?
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
You could call it “Clickety-Clack”?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Oops. Try you again. @cahndida-serkhaman
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
oops. Try you agian. @cahndida-serkhaman
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Question: (@spradlin, @daeus, @cahndida serkhaman, @jadamae, @sarah-h)
If you were illustrating this for a child, how would you illustrate this verse.In a land long ago,
When men were all bad,
They stole and they murdered,
Which made the Lord sad.I obviously don’t want to scare them, with people killing people, but I don’t want to make the…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
This sounds like the Word Wars we do on OYAN. We have a contest, for a set amount of time, like for 15 minutes (i.e., from 0:10 to 0:25; we say 0 to account for time zone differences and to avoid confusion), and write to see who gets the most words written in that time. It’s a great way to get going when you don’t have much inspiration 🙂
-
Lightningmouse posted an update 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
All of these ideas are interesting… hey, you might try combining them @hope. First off, you could have a misinterpreted prophecy regarding the King’s Horn for the whole book, that way everyone thinks that whoever blows it is the one whose enemies will be stricken down. That would keep the tension when E and K are fighting over it, and the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
All of these ideas are interesting… hey, you might try combining them @hope. First off, you could have a misinterpreted prophecy regarding the King’s Horn for the whole book, that way everyone thinks that whoever blows it is the one whose enemies will be stricken down. That would keep the tension when E and K are fighting over it, and the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
Currently I’m thinking about something along the lines of a tremor though the ground, light breaking though the darkening clouds in the shape of the King’s Sign (does that seem cheesy or cool?) and glinting off the shield of the MC high above the battle. A spirit of fear will trouble the enemy and new energy will sweep though the good ranks.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
I don’t know. Besides, where would all the light be coming from? 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Gavin stares at me sadly. “You mean you don’t remember my nicknames for you? I always called you Weirdo. Or Nerd.”
I try again. “No, I mean my real name. Like the one my parents gave me.” Which brought me to another question. Where were my parents? If I even had any…
“Wren.”
“What?” I ask.
“Wren. Your name is Wren.”
. . . - Load More
