@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic "Silver Strings" Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Sure @jadamae
I’d just do some little things to make it flow better. First of all, I’d agree with what Kate said, so I won’t repeat it. Here are my ideas:
Stanza 1, line 4: Might shorten to “Some fast, some slow”
Stanza 2, line 2: Take out the “the” at the beginning
Stanza 3, line 3: Add “them” to the end.
Line 4: Take off “Many” from the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus— Verily, saidst thou? Pray, what is this verily of which thou speakest, brother? Methinks thou dost speak of some… some word of olden times, but alas! I have no skill in the understanding of such antiquated languages… thy ‘verily’ hath quite overcome me…
*claps hand over mouth, smothers hysterical snicker*
Sorry, couldn’t…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus— Verily, saidst thou? Pray, what is this verily of which thou speakest, brother? Methinks thou dost speak of some… some word of olden times, but alas! I have no skill in the understanding of such antiquated languages… thy ‘verily’ hath quite overcome me…
*claps hand over mouth, smothers hysterical snicker*
Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic "Silver Strings" Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
It’s quite beautiful— love the title! A few lines I would change, just for the sake of better rhythm. The first is
Spotlights shine on the scene
I would just replace ‘on’ with ‘upon’. And the last line of that stanza… I’m not sure which would work better, or if either would work best at all. You might try saying something about a ‘dream’…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy “Yea Sister, verily.”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dominoes… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey, glad it was helpful guys! I should just start a topic called ‘mistakes’ and post all the writing mistakes I make in that one. 😉
@Jadamae… well… I’ve got several lined up already, but I’m not about to turn anyone away if they’re interested… 😀 I just hate shoving my work off on other people so I don’t like to ask. 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
KeePers of the Kingdom? 😉
Grace, peace, and high word counts to you, my brothers! And… er… sisters.
*laughs hysterically*
That’s awesome, @Daeus!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Other Picture Prompt Entries in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Nope. Didn’t work. I’ll just give you the link. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/341710690457182648/
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Other Picture Prompt Entries in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Love it, @bluejay! Looking at that prompt, I couldn’t decide whether it was a sword on his back or the pipes of a bagpipe. 😛 I ended up not mentioning it at all, and I guess that was fine. 😉
Now let’s see if I can figure out the ‘image’ setting so I can post the picture and you can actually see what I’m talking about. Here goes…
-
Greta replied to the topic Dominoes… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy, Good to know! I know I’ve said this before, but thanks for sharing your mistakes with us so we don’t make the same ones. 🙂 Congratulations on finishing your novel!!!!!
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Dominoes… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeah, totally get that. One thing I’ve started the habit of doing is keeping a list of all the little things that could become important later. Never just let it drop when the character sticks something in their pocket, meets a stranger or something little like that. 😛
-
Ingrid replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@writefury
This is an awesome idea! 🙂 🙂 🙂 -
Greta replied to the topic Other Picture Prompt Entries in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay, The suspense is killing me! What happens to the man? XD
-
Greta replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@writefury, what a great idea!
@Daeus, Oh my word, that’s an awesome name! 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Dominoes… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy
Okay, wow! This is so good! Amen, sister… 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Dominoes… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Okay people, so I just finished my WIP— an 852 page 496,034 word monster of an epic fantasy. And now I’m editing it before I send it out to be torn to shreds by my beta readers. 😛 😉
I’ve got something I wanna tell everyone else out there who hasn’t already made this mistake.
As I worked through the story, it immediately became evident I had…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic The Art Topic in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
@sarah-h, Probably the best way to do that without paying for Google promoting and whatnot is to fill up the art forum. 🙂 We can also share the word on social media. Currently, we don’t have any cool graphics, but since you brought it up, if you want to try your hand at one, I can at least publish it on Facebook. ;D No pressure–just an idea!
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
And now I finally get to write. I’m going to see how much I can get done before the end of the hour. I had to bake a cake.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay I’m not sure if I was working super fast since I was actually rewriting, not writing. I’m editing a novella of mine right now. I did add probably 250-300 words though and that with a lot of attention to perfection and working out how to best make what I had written before come alive and be tangible. I certainly felt very on track.
Hey…[Read more]
- Load More
