@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Eh… that might be a bit of a reach. 😉
Let’s see. *waits for bolts of inspiration from the blue*
*still waits for bolts of inspiration from the blue*
*continues to wait for bolts of inspiration from the blue*
*concludes that there is no such thing as a bolt from the blue, and as for inspiration, it is a fallacious fairytale our teachers…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Great minds post at the same time? xD It still rhymes. 😀
Probably! Give it a go and then read it out loud. If it flows out loud, usually it flows in the brain. Your family may judge you a little, but it works. xD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
We were posting at the same time @spradlin! 😀
Thanks for the pointers— I can see how that would be a problem, definitely. Would it work, do you think, to cut each line in half, where most of them have a slant rhyme with the middle of the prior line?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Couple questions, Daeus… ‘toil’ is a one syllable word. ???
Also, I’m not quite sure what you meant about replacing ‘cruel’ with ‘and’… I can’t seem to grasp what specific changes you were getting at.
And… oh yeah. Oops. He did lose his shield, didn’t he? *gulp* Man, that’s embarrassing. 😛
All your other…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
First off, kudos for writing such a long poem! I am a huge fan of long poems. It’s also an accomplishment.
Thoughts: The lines are kind of long, so it’s hard for me to get everything out of each line. I’d also say try and break it up a little more stanza wise. I think the biggest thing you have to conquer in long poems is making them seem less…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather Awwww! Thanks, girl! I’ll post it here as soon as I make it. 😀
@writefury 😀 Gotta stick them poetic musings somewhere. ;D I like the alliteration with that one.
What about “Writing My Themesong” or something and I could make a connection to the “notes” on a piece of music, ‘cuz I like music too. xD Or is that too much of a reach?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sweet! It’s about time you got a blog, @spradlin! 😉
Hmm… Notecards & Novelists maybe? I’ll keep thinking. -
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
First of all, let me just repeat that this is a great poem – not to mention long, which I is something I can never manage.
Also first of all, make sure all your lines have a capital first letter.
Now for the many other first of alls:
but he never once forsook the field; forsook the toil or tears.
Replace “toil” with a one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic blogs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
There was a thread on this a while ago. You can check it out below. Mine’s on there though I still haven’t decided whether it is actually a blog or not. https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/any-bloggers-out-there/
-
BlueJay and
Masyn are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh, and @overcomer… 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@spradlin, @hislittlerose, @jadamae… you guys are all poets. What do you think?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Okay @Daeus, @hope, @anyone-else-who-liked this, I’ve been working over it, and I think I’ve got it finished. I want to publish it with KP, but I want to know what you guys think of it first. Without further ado, here it is in it’s entirety.
And just because, here’s the link to the music I was listening to when I wrote the last verse. I think it…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus You are da bomb! All of these sound pretty awesome, to be honest. 🙂 I really like “Magic Box of Notecards” 😀 I shall continue thinking too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay will respond tomorrow.
-
BlueJay started the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Alright, this is aim mainly at men, due to the fact that the letter is by a guy, but if anyone has some helpful feedback I would appreciate it. Let me explain:
You teased a girl at school and got her into trouble all the time. On a wet day you run after her, and slip on the pavement. You crash into and she falls onto the road and is hit by a car.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Notecards in the clouds
limitless thoughts on limitless stuff.
The winged notecard.
Magic box of notecards
Lines on an unruled notecard
My note cards – lots of them…um, maybe I can think of something better.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Coming from you, I’m sure it’s great.
Thanks @faithdk. That’s really sweet of you. Hopefully it will work out so you can read it. It is 6,686 words at the moment, which is my longest story yet.
Wow, that’s an interesting fact about Ohio and Indiana.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Thanks @hope. Yep. That will work really well. I appreciate it.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay I live about an hour from the border…what is close? Edgerton, IN is right smack on the border. It’s zipcode is 46797. There is a main street, center street, railroad street, Dawkins road, Bertha street, a church, and not much else. 😉
You can get city names and zipcodes and all that with Googlemaps.
- Load More
