@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yay! So glad I could help Sarah. *Cries tears of joy*
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I agree! 😀 Thanks for all of y’all’s help! You probably won’t want to look at the blog (or if you do, try not to be terribly disappointed) for a few days, ‘cuz I still have to wrangle the theme into submission and get some stuff up there. xD
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Well, ladies and gentlemen, after many metaphorical tangents it has been created: https://notecardsblog.wordpress.com/. It’s like not developed at all, but the official title is “Notecards” thanks to @bluejay 😀
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
The fact that he doesn’t hear whether or not she’s dead or alive before this letter, and doesn’t even try to find out, strikes me as odd, but I guess I could see a bully-type character being too embarrassed to do that and such. Anyways, onto the actual request, I’m going to try to put myself in the position of this character. Assuming that he…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
YOU MEAN WE MIGHT TAKE ALL THIS TIME TO THINK OF AN AWESOME IDEA TO HAVE IT NOT BE AVAILABLE????!!!! 😮 😮 😮 *FAINTS*
Um anyway, out of the two I think I like…*this is really hard*. I think I like notecards better, but I understand yours too. With notecards it kinda, might, sort of, drag the person in to your blog since they might be curious…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@faithdk – I have to give Kate credit for that one, if I’m remembering correctly.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Another question to think about: How would you start your letter? “Dear”; “Hi”; “Chloe;” “Nothing, let’s just get down to business.”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Another question to think about: How would you start your letter? “Dear”; “Hi”; “Chloe;” “Nothing, just let’s get down to business.”
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
What about “To Whom It May Concern”?! It’s got grammar nerd in it, a note writing type thing in it, and it’s clearly directed at the blog viewer. Maybe not too far fetched metaphorical?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
You could just call it “Notecards” and play off the fact that you want people to note your cards. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
*beats head on wall too* (Have you seen “Big Hero Six”?) Cause I feel like Hiro right now. *Stupid empty head*
It’s kinda like the title “Bubble Trouble”. It has a nice ring to it. Maybe you need something to rhyme with staccato.
*Rubs temples* I’ll get back to you later. I’m going to go and do some more serious thinking. -
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes it does.
Joshua is fifteen. Actually Joshua is not the type to apologize. He delights in being mean (you know, the bully in school) He does it for fun for himself, though his intentions are never to hurt. So he gets pretty shaken up when Chloe is hit by the car.
Thanks for jumping on and helping. -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Maybe not staccato.. xD I am also open to going back to square one. Or we could call it “ILiterallyCannotTitle” and move on. xD
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
LOL. It’s like a piece of the metaphor is missing. So, basically we’ve got the note part with just staccato–something that is set apart. What about Sharing Staccatos? The Staccatoed Storyteller? *beats head against the wall*
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
First, it might help if we knew the age of said guy.
Well, let’s see. I’d probably reply with an apology each for the worse things and then one for the small things. (if I was a character who would normally apologize for something, which it sounds like this guy is), and probably say I was glad she was OK.
I’d probably be running after her…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
How about:
Sarah’s Staccato Notes
Noted Staccatos
Notes of Staccato
Spradlin’s Staccato Notes
Super Staccato Notes
Any of these feeling a bit better? :} -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I still feel like there’s something missing… not sure what. >__< The struggle.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sweet Staccatos?
I think Staccato Notes would work well too. 😛 -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@writefury — Oooo! Or Staccatoed Notes?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I think Staccato Notes could work, @spradlin. Double meaning, y’know. 😉
- Load More
