@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’m here now. Ready, set, go!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You writing tonight @bluejay and @anyone-else? I decided to start a bit early tonight.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace Hmm, I hadn’t thought of those questions. Why are the princesses (though they probably won’t really be princesses in my story) having to sneak out? And who is watching/guarding them? And why?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Actually @christi-eaton, it already exists… right here. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Stopping now @adry_grace. Thanks for joining me. I got 463 words and finished a scene.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
That. Is. So. Cute. I love it! *debates whether to fill up the rest of post with grinning emojis. Decides against it*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace That sounds great. I’d better speed up my words per minute.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace Good! Glad you found us. It’s really helpful.
Speaking of which, I’ll be writing till 2 (that’s about an hour from now) if anyone wants to join.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic That’s fantastic. Tell your sister I liked it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Fair enough. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald This is pretty good over all. I like the style. One thing is that it flies through things too fast. Like Kate said though, flashbacks would really help.
So with that, I guess I’m on to red ink.
.”The bullies, who my mom had made me invite, too, were definitely” Take out the “too”
.”which I can tell you I didn’t like at all.” Take out t…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ah… very valid point, @Daeus. I don’t think I’ve ever delved there in my quests for writerly wisdom. 😉 I have to say I agree… wow. I just learned something I was totally missing. Thanks so much! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Sure @kate-flournoy
The characteristics your character has come out when you describe his reactions. If a character says, “I wish you well” at a parting, that shows us very little about the character. If a character says the same thing in the same situation after they have been told that their grandpa just died, that means a whole lot more.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald I know, right? We know all these awesome techniques, and some of us *gulp* sound so wise and learned, but there’s such a difference between knowing/talking about something and actually implementing it! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus wow, okay, yeah, I was thinking more like plot-changing reactions. I totally agree about character minor reactions being important too, but I don’t know if you and I are thinking of the same thing when we say that… would you mind elaborating?
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thank you so much for the feedback!!! 🙂 I really appreciate it! Ah, I see what you’re saying about telling vs. showing. I know the difference in my mind, but it’s hard to actually write showing-ly. 😉 I’ll have to go back and edit like crazy. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Oops, tag: @gretald
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh… nice emotional punch in the gut! 😛 The strongest thing, I’m gonna say, is the emotional impact of everything that happened in the story. The story is adorable— very sweet.
I think your prose needs a little work, though. Not the structure of it— but using it to capture all the untapped drama of a character’s inner world.
For instance,…[Read more] -
Greta started the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello, fellow KeePers!
I have a short story that I wrote, and I would love, love, LOVE feedback on it! Seriously, I love feedback. Please critique! Tear the scene apart if you have to. 😛 Here’s the short story:The day of my thirteenth birthday I realized why I was different. I guess I’d always known that I was different, but I’d never qui…
- Load More
