@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*the doctor arrives and groans loudly* @daeus you need to keep your hands away from @kate-flournoy. She gets very into the mood of stamping and slamming things and doesn’t look out for hands on paper.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve one character who was only supposed to be in a scene, as part of background and setting for another character. But as soon as he slammed through the inn door, I knew he’d need a subplot of his own. He developed surprisingly swiftly…I hardly had to plan it. Just figure out how to get him a decent place in the story, which ended up not being…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
What kind of doors does your house have? I’ve a friend who has a number of cats, some of which are very clever. Her doors are mainly lever doors (with the long handles instead of knobs) and the cats know how to open them. Perhaps a door wasn’t locked and the cat was able to open on of the lever doors and then push open the screen door (or maybe…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @bluejay That’s great. I’m going to aim for 600 words this time. Here goes.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
*Such a clever cat* I don’t think she’s that desperate to get out @daeus
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’m here. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I’m in! All the way till nine! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay and anybody else, I’ve decided to start a bit early tonight. You can join me now or later. I’ll be writing till 9:00 (that’s in an hour).
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay and anybody else, I’ve decided to start a bit early tonight. You can join me now or later.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ah. My sincerest apologies. *bows stiffly* I shall endeavor to remember that. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Pretty much if you live in the city you have internal access and most people in the country do too.
Here’s an idea though, what if this kitten hid in the trash can when it was being taken out and then when the people left, got out and made her escape?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I was writing my name on the paper of course. I write my name on everything.
Daeus
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
It’s suppose to be a children’s story. @daeus. Otherwise that might have worked. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h. Nope no cat flap and I didn’t want to do that as in story 2 Chaos gets of the house that way.
@kate-flournoy – Haha yes I have read that book. So had Missy (the cat) so she decided it was safer not too. I like the one about the screen door. That is a big possibility. The house doesn’t have an attic.
@vanna The cat has got to be grown…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h. Nope no cat flap and I didn’t want to do that as in story 2 Chaos gets of the house that way.
@kate-flournoy – Haha yes I have read that book. So had Missy (the cat) so she decided it was safer not too. I like the one about the screen door. That is a big possibility. The house doesn’t have an attic.
@vanna The cat has got to be grown…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Is it a thinking cat? Might it have got another pet that could help it escape to form a plot with her?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@DAEUS NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THAT AGAIN!!!! WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU DOING TOUCHING THE PAPER? AFRAID I WOULDN’T GIVE IT BACK TO YOU OR SOMETHING???
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
AAAAAHH! My hand! Watch where you slam things @kate-flournoy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Heeheehee… nice @hannah-c. Very nice. Very happy to be of service. 😀
Ahem… because I’m picky, let me improve on your second example a bit…
“Guru approved!” Kate slammed the stamp down on the paper, grimacing as a nearby inkwell skittered across the table with the impact and crashed to the floor.’
😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm… is it an old house? The cat could slip down a loose grate into the basement and worm its way out from there… or it could squeeze through a mouse hole (a large one, obviously! 😛 ). Or maybe there was a hole in the screen door, and the outer door wasn’t shut properly… Or it could find its way up into the attic and somehow wriggle out a…[Read more]
- Load More
