@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Don’t I know it. 😉 Most elections, the ‘fate of the nation’ has been decided before it gets to us. We normally don’t matter. I just hope Cruz wins.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Don’t I know it. 😉 Most elections, the ‘fate of the nation’ has been decided once it gets to us. We normally don’t matter. I just hope Cruz wins.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
That’s great @hope. Apparently Indiana is “The Big State” now. I would have got to shake his hand except my family wasn’t able to make it to his rally. I’m looking forward to California too. That will be really interesting.
Yeah, this … it’s crazy this year.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
My whole family is going to see Ted Cruz this coming Monday! And our primaries are on Tuesday! I’m excited about both those events. This election has been insane. It’s like a rollercoster of hopefulness…I think Cruz can win…no, he’s not doing well…yes, he’s doing well…no, Trump is doing better…it will probably go to convention…no,…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks, @Kate-flournoy and @Daeus. I’ll take care of those things.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I won’t be available to write tomorrow. Sorry. 🙁 We can do separate half hours if you want to. I’m all for it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@rolena-hatfield are you around and about to do some writing? 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, it’s actually going better than I would have expected. I should be done in about a week. I’m going for something kinda monumental though, so it’s going to need a lot of scrutiny.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Hope Sounds pretty good. I would take out the “now” though in the first sentence. I think the drama’s great, but you might want to add a short little pithy down to earth sentence at the end just to tie it all together, make a call to action, etc.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yes, I do know about that. It took me about a month to do my latest ending…
Hopefully it won’t be that severe for you. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooops… Um, write this moment: All that remains of earth’s ravaged population is now living inside an enormous glass dome to protect itself from the hostile wasteland remaining. One day, a dusty handprint appears on the outside of the glass.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooops… Um, write this moment: All that remains of earth’s ravaged population is now living inside an enormous glass dome to protect itself from the hostile wasteland remaining. One day, a dusty handprint appears on the outside of the glass.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Woooaahh! Slow down there girl, I’ve still got two chapters more to go and a scene left in this one. It’s going kinda slow because it’s dealing with basically the culmination of everything, which is a little tricky as I’m sure you know. Who knows how many revisions this part will need.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy It seemed pretty authentic overall. What’s you’re writing prompt by the way?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*sigh* @Hope
I need a flashing button on my keyboard that blares the words ‘DO NOT FORGET TAG’ at me every time I make a post.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay yay!! Seems pretty good to me… 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus 708. A slow start as it is a new story, so I had some working out to do, but it began to move along as time went by.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus awesome. Finished the book yet?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I like it! 😀 Only thing I would look out for is adjectives in the first sentence— I am so one to talk, but thrilling and inspiring are pretty similar so I would cut one or the other.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay 662 words written. Fairly good for my rate.
- Load More
