@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
MarkMcGuire and
Haley Long are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Haley Long replied to the topic IAHE Homeschool Convention in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Rolena, Oh, I wish you were here!!! That would be epic!!!
@Hope, oh, you ARE in Indiana! That’s good to know! Awwww. I wish you could make it! I won’t be at that convention, sadly. 🙁
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Another good one. This will be a hard choice.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Would this do? There are five volumes as you’ll see. All one book though. I will warn you one of the readers is hard to understand, but the rest are decent.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Animal Farm?
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ben-Hur is awesome. The other book looks good too.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
If long books were allowed, I’d suggest Ben Hur. I don’t think I’ve actually read through the whole book myself, but I know it’s good.
If we wanted to do a Christian fantasy book, By Divine Right by Patrick Carr is short and permanently free.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm, sounds really interesting @Daeus… but I still haven’t read Les Mis. 🙁 I got it on Kindle, but I have zero patience with electronic books, so I’m looking for it at the library… I’ll find it one of these days, you wait and see. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@anna-brie Yeah, interesting and complicated.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy (Note to yourself: Don’t scare Daeus on Friday nights. It’s not good for his health)
I’m drawing inspiration from Victor Hugo’s climax with Jean Valjean when he announces his true identity. The climax has some similarities.
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h The Count Of Monte Cristo would be fantastic. Just one rather big problem. It would take us … (oh, let me see), it would take us at least a year I’m sure.
-
Daeus replied to the topic THE THING YOU WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT (I assume) in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h While I can’t make any special exceptions against fantasy, I doubt it will be chosen very often. I know we’d all be glad to have you even most of the time.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hahaha, please don’t have a heart attack @Daeus. Friday nights are generally pretty good for me, because I’m all inspired that tomorrow is Saturday, which is the only day of the week I get to write all day.
And that’s good that you’re feeling confident about your climax— it’s always pretty satisfying when you feel good about something you…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I think foreign politics are way too complicated.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
The best thing about what I got down in that it got me just over 21,o00 words, which is my Camp NaNoWriMo goal. Now I’ll be able to relax and go as slow as I like again.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I think I nearly had a heart attack. That’s really good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flounoy I think I nearly had a heart attack. That’s really good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flounoy. I think I nearly had a heart attack. That’s really good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Great job @Anna-brie. I finished with 518 words. My biggest success though is that I feel like I’m doing pretty good with my climax, which I had some doubts about when I started.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus 1,454 words. You?
- Load More
