@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus ‘kay! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Adry_Grace @kate-flournoy I’m in with you till 3:30
-
Daeus replied to the topic *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@abigail-blomberg I just love it when new people join, so welcome aboard!
As for the forum, you might want to check out the topic “Writer’s corner” under general discussions. It’s a great thing we developed to help us write more. You might also want to check out the new book club we’re starting.
This is a great place to discuss your writer…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Adry_Grace awesome! How about till 3:30?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet, Abigail! (It’s kind of a competition between us old time forumers to see who can greet the newbies with that line first. 😉 ).
What genre do you write? Historical fiction? What kind of poetry are you starting to prefer— descriptive, comedic, psalmistry (if that’s even a type 😛 )? Do you prefer…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I would have to vote…
1. Animal Farm
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
3. The Hobbit
Yikes…such a hard decision! (By the way, because I didn’t say it before, this is a fabulous idea!) 🙂 😉 -
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus …this is so hard! There are just too many good ones. 🙂 Anyway, here are my votes:
1. Animal Farm
2. A Tale of Two Cities
3. The Witch of Blackbird Pond or Frankenstein -
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus…this is so hard! There are just too many good ones. 🙂 Anyway, here are my votes:
1. Animal Farm
2. A Tale of Two Cities
3. The Witch of Blackbird Pond or Frankenstein -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus hahaha, fortunately written words don’t bother me. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Sorry about that @kate-flournoy. I’ll stop talking so loud in my posts.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey, thanks for going to the trouble to put that up there for me, @Daeus, but I’m afraid I can’t do audiobooks— I have a hearing disorder that makes it very painful to listen to anything on headphones, ear-buds, or just plain audio for any longer than a few minutes. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
If you like audio books you could do that while gardening.
Aww thanks @anna-brie for the suggestion, but I’m afraid that wouldn’t work. I have a bad hearing disorder that makes it so I can’t wear ear-buds or headphones for extended periods of time. 😀 Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion, though!
I vote Animal Farm. Short, but incredibly well…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Alright everyone, let’s go ahead and vote. List your top three choices in order of preference to vote. I can’t guarantee that the top one will be picked as there may be issues such as inaccessibility, but I’ll basically go with what’s most popular. While you’re at it, please mention if you’re open to using audio books as that could open our range…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, yes, the Witch of Blackbird Pond. My library has that book and I love it. I may have suggested it.
And I also second the suggestion of Black Beauty. It should be available everywhere. Librivox has it. If you like audio books @kate-flournoy you could do that while gardening.I will only read Christian books and some classics, so some of the…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, yes, the Witch of Blackbird bond. My library has that book and I love it. I may have suggested it.
And I also second the suggestion of Black Beauty. It should be available everywhere. Librivox has it. If you like audio books @kate-flournoy you could do that while gardening. -
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Black Beauty is a great book. 🙂 🙂 🙂
@daeus -
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Maybe the Hobbit??? (possibly a bit too long)
Thanks @overcomer, you made me think of more: Any of the Chuck Black books, The Kingdom Series or the Knights of Arrethtrae. They are great books. (I haven’t read Cloak of the Light. I’ve still got to wait a bit before I’m allowed that one. 🙂 ) *One day* -
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
The witch of Blackbird pond. (that s actually a really good book, and what makes it even better, is that there is no witch in it. hahaha)
An old fashioned girl
Hmm…let me go do some more thinking. -
Haley Long replied to the topic THE THING YOU WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT (I assume) in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, this is a fabulous idea!!! I’m all in! I love this! Summer is always a busy time for my family, but I think I can squeeze this in!
- Load More
