@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ugh, this is hard! :O
My top choices are:
1. Fiddler’s Gun
2. Ben Hur (it’s been sitting on my bookshelf for quite some time now, just waiting for me. I think it’s about time…)
3. The Great Gatsby -
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic THE THING YOU WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT (I assume) in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*stumbles in breathless and looks around in hopes no one has noticed how late I am*
Yay, I’m excited!! I would love to be a part of this, but I’m not sure how much free time I’ll have. But I will definitely try! I just moved from part-time to full-time at my job, so we’ll see how much time I can squeeze in.
@Daeus: Thanks for tagging me! This…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Wow… *painstakingly chooses books*
1. Cloak of Light
2. Story Girl
3. Ben HurAnd if I can suggest some others?
1. Foundlings by Matthew Christian Harding
2. Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
3. Mr. Midshipman Hornblower by CS Forester -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic THE THING YOU WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT (I assume) in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*scrambles frantically in an attempt to catch up from my week off* OH MY GOSH ITS HAPPENING. AWESOME. I’m in!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@abigail-blomberg
Hey, girl! *gives huge high five* *wrings injured hand* Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Reading, writing, drawing, riding horses…you’re my kind of person! 😉 (Although, I have to admit, I have never herded cattle before.) Anyway, I can’t wait to get to know you! 🙂 🙂 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
It would depend, I think. Assuming I was faced with such a problem without having bound myself in any way by promises to either party, my first thought would probably be ‘who do I know is ready to die?’ One: myself. Two: hopefully my family member. If both myself and the one person who would stand to die for the many are saved and ready to die, I…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Another set of somewhat related dilemmas to keep this topic going a little longer. What are your thoughts on the ‘one verses the many’? If that ‘one’ is yourself then you could give your life or not as you chose. But what if the one is an enemy leader? (I do hold assassination to be a viable option in some cases in war.) Or what if the choice is…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
What @anna-brie said @sarah-h. 🙂 We don’t like witch either as the Bible warns against them, but we love this book.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I avoided it because of the title for a bit, but it’s a lovely story with nothing creepy about it. The ‘witch’ is just a lovely old quaker woman. The Puritans weren’t very tolerant of any one who disagreed with them and they were superstitious.It’s a very accurate historical novel. I found a good summary of it for any one who wants to…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I avoided it because of the tilte for a bit, but it’s a lovely story with nothing creepy about it. The ‘witch’ is just a lovely old quaker woman. The Puritans weren’t very tolerant of any one who disagreed with them and they were superstitious.It’s a very accurate historical novel. I found a good summary of it for any one who wants to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy and
AbigailRose are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Greta and
AbigailRose are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Something you should know @abigail-blomberg If you click onto someone’s picture you’ll be able to find their tag which will notify them that you are talking about/with them. Not all of us have our tag as our name. Kate Flournoy and @kate-flournoy is one example. You’ll begin to memorize them the more you use them.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Knightings of the KeePers. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@abigail-blomberg I thought I’d introduce you to this topic. It’s where we make our dream come true by being knighted. And knighting other people too.
(I’m not always bright and I don’t think the title I picked for you is very creative:)
But without further ado I knight thee, Lady Keeper of Swimming.
Do you like anything else? You can let us know…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @daeus, @faithdk, @rolena-hatfield, @anna-brie – Does anyone want to write with me?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I got 709 done in the second part of writing. In total: 1303. I’m very happy with that. Thanks for writing with me. It was fun and I felt really focused. @adry_grace
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Alright @Adry_Grace I’m back. How many more minutes will you be write from now?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I got 594 words written. And I’ve reached an exciting point in my story!!! How’d you go @adry_grace? I’ve got to stop to pick some apples for stewing, but then I can continue if you want?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
1. Witch of Blackbird Pond
2. Black Beauty
3. Ben HurI would love to have an audio book to listen to.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Whoopee. @adry_grace. Ready, Set, Write!!!! (and yep, that still counts.)
- Load More
