@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m here. You want to go for an hour? That’s fine by me. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I won’t be able to do it this time as my Mum says Animal Farm is not for me quite yet. *one day…* Anyway I hope the first of many club talk/discussion goes well for you all who are doing it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@dbhgodreigns and @everybody We can start as soon as everybody has their book. What do you all think? Is a week too short for everybody to get a copy? I think two weeks is the most we can wait.
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer I’m so sorry about smashing your hopes. It’s my intention to do that as little as possible, but time is a big consideration. I’m not incredibly surprised that your sister disliked one of the author’s other books. I’ve never read any of his other books, but I know a little bit about him. People often mistake the purpose of Animal Farm…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay, no sweat @Adry_grace. 🙂 Family’s more important.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay hahaha nope, I’m writing until 9:30 so you should be good! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You can get a free audio version of the book here: https://archive.org/details/GeorgeOrwellsanimalFarmRadioAudio
You can get the ebook for 99c and should definitely be able to get the paper version from most libraries.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Awesomesauce @adry_grace! Let’s see if we can make it to 8:30, that all right with you?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I can’t be here till around 10:30 (8:30) will that be too late for you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer it’s a political allegory— I absolutely loved it. Basically about a farm of animals who decide they’ve had enough with farmers and are going to set up their own democracy and live life fairly and equally… which devolves into utter chaos as the rules keep changing, and in the end… well… I won’t spoil it. It wasn’t a warm fuzzies…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer it’s a political allegory— I absolutely loved it. Basically about a farm of animals who decide they’ve had enough with farmers and are going to set up their own democracy and live life fairly and equally… which devolves into utter chaos as the rules keep changing, and in the end… well… I won’t spoil it. It wasn’t a warm fuzzies…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Hope Ann started the topic Animals with Souls in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
This is something I was thinking about the other night. In the real world, animals don’t have souls. Humans, who are made in the image of God have souls. But what about fantasy where there are talking animals? In Narnia, for example, the animals have souls, I guess. I mean, they are the ‘people’ of that world. I’m not arguing one way or another, I…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Great! I have a copy…now to find it among all my other books. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Yeah, that’s fine. I get why you did that. We probably would end up discussing the historical setting more than the quality of writing in the book, etc. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone,
After some back-and-forthing, we have decided that Animal Farm will be the first book of our study. *Three cheers and confetti!*
Now I do have to make a confession. Animal Farm was actually the second most popular with The witch of blackbird pond leading by a slight majority. While I think The witch of blackbird pond was a good…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone,
After some uncertain deliberation, we have decided that Animal Farm will be the first book of our study. *Three cheers and confetti!*
Now I do have to make a confession. Animal Farm was actually the second most popular with The witch of blackbird pond leading by a slight majority. While I think The witch of blackbird pond was a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury @ingridrd and I finally did some Book Spine Poetry 🙂 🙂 🙂





-
Greta replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury I finally did some Book Spine Poetry 🙂 🙂 🙂





-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh @writefury you’re back!! *jumps excitedly up and down on tiptoes, grins wickedly* come see what the President of the Cobalt Fan Club did with him!!!
Honestly, I think I murdered it. 😛
- Load More
