@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ah, @hope, good try. Normally I would have seen this earlier and been able to do it, but I’ve been kinda off schedule today and I’m just off to make an early dinner.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Tagging @daeus.
I’ll be writing for, well, until I get my story done which might be half an hour…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
I was thinking Uncharted sounded kind of cool too.
Or you could put all those wandering words in your title and make them wander around your cover, getting smaller and smaller until they vanish? No? Don’t mind me. That would make it a rather difficult title for people to remember. 😉
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus: I’m so sorry it’s taken me forever to get back on here! Life has been crazy busy…
@hannah-krynicki: The part when Napoleon was taking the pups away to ‘educate them’ also jumped out at me. In fact, when I read it, I must’ve immediately had the communist agenda in mind, since I muttered, “ooooohhh….” My sister was in the room and had…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I agree with all thoughts here. 😀 I would put my stamp of approval on them…
… only we’ve had *cough* problems with that in the past.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin Orwell is obviously telling us that bacon bars are intrinsically unamerican.
As far as responses, I don’t know if there is a good example, though I think Boxer means well. He seems to have good principles but is just too easily manipulated by propaganda.
There was another thing I noticed that was writing related. Orwell said in one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Ooh! Ooh! I’m bestistest at one word titles. Let’s see …
No bearings
The closing uncertainty
Groping in the darkness
Chaos’s path -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae well, one would certainly hope it was true! 😉
I know. I love books like that, though they can be detrimental to my health *cough cough*
*cough* Detrimental to my bedtime… -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer I love what you wrote! I want more of that story. Like now! Also, thanks for the prompt!
I was so mad at him, waving his hands around like that, pretending like he loved me, and then BAM betrayal–short and swift. Straight into the lake. May as well have been shouting “Go jump in a lake!” Because that’s certainly what I did.
I ran…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer Thanks for the prompt!
I was so mad at him, waving his hands around like that, pretending like he loved me, and then BAM betrayal–short and swift. Straight into the lake. May as well have been shouting “Go jump in a lake!” Because that’s certainly what I did.
I ran after that ball as fast as I could; my feet digging into the ground…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-krynicki I love that thought! I had never thought about the “savior” role that way before in the context of the pigs, but that is an awesome comparison and so true!
-
Haley Long replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I am so sorry for not being around at all. I’m actually going to have to drop out of this round. (I don’t even have the book.) I thought it would be possible for me to include this in my schedule, but…haha…nada. I’m really sorry guys! I would have loved to, but I’ll have to wait until the next book.
Looking forward to that, and in the…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-krynicki I think you make some really great points, and bring up a great question that I think should be addressed–or at least mulled over. Not even political. To what extent could we make this into an allegory about the United States? And what is our place, as culture-sharpers, particularly as authors, in taking an active role in what…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I just realized I won’t be able to write tonight. Tomorrow should work though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Man, I missed you @hope. Tag me next time.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ll be writing for the next half hour, if anyone is on. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yes @Jadamae, totally! And that made me think of another obvious but maybe not so obvious point… I usually think of plot twists as distractions and rabbit trails, not a turn in the road. I think I wasn’t thinking of them correctly. My perspective was more or less ‘Okay, here’s a plot twist, now how soon can we fix this and get back to…[Read more]
- Load More
