@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-c dropbox is free unless you get a business account, which is totally unnecessary.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
In hopes of the occasional early writer, I thought I’d let you all know that I’ll be at it for about an hour if you’d like to join me.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope it can work in whatever you want it to. So what if it’s usually considered scifi? Challenge perceptions! Force people to think outside the box! Conquer the world! *shakes fist over head, glowers out over whoever is listening*
😉
Hm, let’s see now. If the Reflection is a reflection, then the real world must be… um… yeah. Physical.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
I need a little name help in a story I’m writing. It’s a fantasy, but it has a parallel dimension which is somewhat like a spiritual realm and also a music realm. Anyway, I call that ‘realm’ the Melody or Reflection. But I’m trying to figure out a neat name for the real world without just calling it ‘real world’. I’ve been calling it Stable, but I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Awesome topic @Hope. My all time favorite writing scripture is Ecclesiastes 12:11:
The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
It reminds me not only of the power we wield (and have a responsibility to wield responsibly) but also of Who gave us that power, and ultimately…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m planning of making up a new e-mail for writing stuff…and that’s not really important, but in my current e-mail I have my favorite verse as part of my signature. I wanted to do something similar in my writing e-mail but am not sure what verse I to do. I want it somewhat writing related. Do any of you guys have a favorite Bible verses which…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m planning of making up a new e-mail for writing stuff…and that’s not really important, but in my current e-mail I have my favorite verse as part of my signature. I wanted to do something similar in my writing e-mail but am not sure what verse I to do. I want it somewhat writing related. Do any of you guys had a favorite Bible verses which…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m planning of making up a new e-mail for writing stuff…and that’s not really important, but in my current e-mail I have my favorite verse as part of my signature. I wanted to do something similar in my writing e-mail and was wondering if you guys had any favorite Bible verses which could relate to writing. Or if you had any favorite writing quotes.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hannah-C I’m so sorry. I think losing a story is even worse than getting rejected. That happened to me once; well, I’d backed-up fairly regularly so I only lost a few chapters but still…it was several days worth of work. And I discovered several other things I’d lost in the computer crash weeks or months later when I went looking for them. ;( I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that’s sounding more and more like a very wise idea. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Uum, @kate-flournoy, get a dropbox account.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh no, @Hannah-C! That’s awful. I’m so sorry. *weeps in sympathy* Thankfully nothing this dire has ever happened to me. It almost did once— I accidentally hit ctrl-A (highlight) instead of ctrl-S (save) then continued typing before the command had fully gone through… and you know when you highlight something and keep typing, whatever you keep…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*Closes eyes. Winces.* Oh, man. I’m so sorry. This happened to me a while ago. I can only suppose there is a good reason for it — somewhere where we maybe can’t see it.
Ever since this happened to me, I’ve been sinking my files to a dropbox account. Dropbox is essentially a cloud storage system. That way, even if every file on your computer…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy *shamelessly share wikipedia article* YE SHALL LEARN TODAY! 😀 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall <– Linky. It’s actually a really cool concept basically where the character in the story is aware that nothing is real or interacts with the audience even though they’re supposed to be hidden behind the “fourth wall.”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got a bit more editing if anyone is interested???????? 🙂 Anyone????
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Eh? I don’t know what you’re sorry about. That’s a good overview. I’m gathering that the re-readability factor has much more to do with wit than story line. I guess you could say it’s mainly about good prose and intellectual stuff.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh nice 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I got my editing done earlier @daeus. I’m not sure how many words, but I got a short story fixed up. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Never mind then. I got 895 edited.
- Load More
