@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@gretald heehee… 😉 Thanks for the votes. I’m still wavering on the fence, actually. :/ I’ll figure it out one of these days.
-
Greta replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope I don’t know about Bible Verses, but one I really like is:
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. ~ Benjamin Franklin
I also really like this one:
A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit. ~ Richard Bach
-
Greta replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
*pops in really late*
@Emma-flournoy Hey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
You’re related to Kate Flournoy, the Forum Superhero? *jaw drops to the floor* -
Greta replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Wow, I’m gone for one week, and I come back to 6 pages of discussion! SIX PAGES, people!!! 😛
In all seriousness, I really like Reckless and Uncharted, @kate-flournoy. I think I like Uncharted a little better. I don’t know; it just sounds cool. 😉
@Emma-flournoy and @Kate-flournoy *in British accent* Your…exchanges have been most…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yasssssss! Thanks for the invite. I’ll mostly just be dumping my feelings into poetry this summer since I’ll be gone a pretty good bit. 😀 But it’s a project nonetheless! So yeah. Y’all are cool. Summer writing clubs are cool. And I look forward to talking writing with everyone. 🙂
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Were you in Mary Poppins?!?!?! I love your profile picture! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
It is fascinating @Hope, I’ll give it that. 😉 One favorite quote (can’t remember who said it) is
‘There’s nothing difficult about writing. You just sit down at a typewriter and bleed.’
As far as I’m concerned, that’s pretty accurate. 😛
*wracks brains for other awesome quotes lurking just beyond reach* I know they’re there somewhere… I’ll…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ll be starting a semi-dystopian time travel save the world story. I don’t plan to do a whole lot since my main goal is to edit my existing books this year and I’ll have to go through several revisions at least. I think I can get at least five chapters written though. I need to do some more studies on the time period though and study up on my…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ecclesiastes is a fascinating book. 😉 I like that verse, @kate-flournoy.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury The Tangible might work.
And I like the idea of Silence too, @kate-flournoy. Or Rigid.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
My summer project is a novella retelling Hansel and Gretel. I’m still in the planning stages though I’m hoping to get an outline figured out in the next week or so.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
That’s pretty funny, @bluejay. 🙂
@overcomer Yes, dragons are fun. I like looking at snakes for facial inspiration. But mainly I look up pictures on pinterest or google. I’ve never tried getting enough details down to draw one though. But I did write an article last month about dragons which might give you some ideas. 🙂 You can read it here.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Summit in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks! No, I didn’t know about that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-c Do you want to write about this time tomorrow??? This is a great time for me. Well actually an hour earlier would be better. Would you be able to do it???
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
If I had a world of my own,
everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is because
everything would be what it isn’t.-Lewis Carroll; Alice in Wonderland-Disney
-
Hey, @kate-flournoy This is my favourite quote from the movie though. 🙂
-
Ooh yes, I love that one too @bluejay. So writerly. 😉
-
I actually love that part in the movie. Her cat, Dinah, is so very cute and funny as Alice is saying it to her. 😉 @kate-flournoy
-
Oh and I should say, thank you to you, your idea about the golden conch shell is great. That is the story I am working on at the moment and I’m loving it. 🙂 So thanks.
-
“It certainly does.” He gazed at her in silence, before recovering himself with a start. “Forgive me once again for not introducing myself to you. My name is Mango.”
“Mango?” she asked, wishing the moment she had, that she had bitten her tongue.
Hey @daeus I thought you would be interested in seeing the character Mango introduced. 🙂 -
I like it. He’s got a name to live up to.
-
-
-
-
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 4 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I was writing a story this morning and I got called for lunch so I hurriedly finished my sentence and I wrote this:
Since King Octavius is no longer ruler, the city is left with no ruler.
I couldn’t believe that I wrote that. I am definitely going back to fix that up. 🙂
@overcomer I’m not sure. Try calling @hope. She works with dragons a lot.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
okay. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay yes, I want to, but unfortunately I can’t. 🙁 Thanks for the invitation though. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay. @kate-flournoy, do you want to continue on for a bit?
- Load More

@gretald Yes I was!!! The chimney sweep was my favorite dance and favorite costume. 🙂 It has been my over all all time favorite community show to be in due to an amazing cast and great directorial team! (Sorry for the delayed reply, things have been crazy until now!)
Oh my goodness! That’s so cool! Looks like it was a lot of fun. 😉
Hey, don’t worry about the delayed reply. Life happens, sometimes. Sorry for /my/ delayed reply. 😛
Oops, tag @rolena-hatfield