@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I edited 960.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@daeus. @kate-flournoy Oh goody. Till nine. See you then.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus okay. Till nine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @bluejay Writing tonight? I’m going till 9.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Yup. That.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Think of it as your hero’s journey. The theme is patience.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*smiles bleakly* Good advice @Daeus. I guess I will.
And I have begun to despair of that. :/ If one title fits in one regard it almost certainly won’t in another; that or it sounds off, or is too dry, or too melodramatic…
Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying. *brave, watery smile*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*smiles bleakly* Good advice @Daeus. I guess I will.
And I have begun to despair of that. :/ If one title fits in one regard it almost certainly won’t in another; that or it sounds off, or is too dry, or too melodramatic…
Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Uum, I’d generally recommend keeping yourself in one piece, @Kate-flournoy.
You’ll get a good title eventually.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus AAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!! *pounds head against wall, squeezes eyes shut and growls in frustration* I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I can’t believe I didn’t recognize the cadence and realize it wasn’t an original idea. Urrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh…
*sigh* Thanks for pointing it out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy This is my answer. http://www.poetryfoundation.org/resources/learning/core-poems/detail/44272
That and I like Reckless.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys @Daeus @Hope @Jadamae @Gretald @Bluejay @Emma-Flournoy @anyone-else-who-was-on-this-topic, what do you think of the title ‘The Way Not Taken’? I know, I know, it’s not one word, but I kinda like it just the same. I’d forgotten about it until today, when a friend brought it up in a letter that I’d been considering that as a title. What do…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh wow @Hannah-C! You are blessed! That is so awesome! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy On the other hand, I don’t think most writers like to tell other people they are writers, so there’s probably more out there we just don’t know of.
As for the revision, if you could get it done before next year, I would be impressed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that would be lovely, thank you. It won’t be ready any time soon— possibly not even until next year. It depends on how good I get at this whole rewriting thing in the meantime. 😉
Yes, everyone’s projects sound fascinating. Isn’t it strange to think what a perfectly writer-oriented community we have here? I mean, for my part, I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
It’s neat to see what everybody’s doing.
Btw, @kate-flournoy, I can beta-read for the revision if you want.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess some things needed to be rewritten. I wouldn’t have said the whole book though. I also don’t know much about your series, but I suppose you would know when something needs to be changed to make it fit. So maybe you’re right, but I still suspect you’re being too hard on yourself.
Anyways, have fun. I’ll be having fun with my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am anything but un-extreme. 😉 Fact is, when I wrote that, I had literally zero clue that it wasn’t going to be a standalone book. Now there are ten more books to follow it. So first of all I need to make it so it leads into its sequel, and secondly— well— the whole thing stinks. I know, I know— extreme. But it does. Compared to the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy A whole rewriting? That sounds kinda extreme. I thought it just needed some plot tweaks here and there and a couple more passes at editing. And of course, I’m always right.
Ok, everything but the last line.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Editing my WIP, and then *takes deep breath* I have finally decided to start rewriting my WIP’s prequel. Which I should have done the moment I finished it two years ago. It needs it. Majorly. 😛
I’m also planning to do a bit of work on a retelling of Snow White called The Mirror— just a novella, but fun nonetheless. @Hope got me hooked on…[Read more] - Load More
