@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats was what the first explores to Australia thought a Kangaroo was. So I was basically making fun of a few Aussie things while being proud of them. I definitely live in an awesome place.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Not bad. It could have been a little more tragic. Maybe if Emma went sick from grief for a year and you started going on tomato plant murdering sprees, but overall, I thought it was short and sweet only without the sweet part.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Aw… I like that one. That’s really sweet. Good job, @Jadamae.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*hysterical snicker* Forget it.
There. The arc is complete. I’ve gone hysterically mad. The end.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
You’ve already started a story. You’ve got a corruption arc. First you were laughing. Then I came in as the foil character. Now you’re glowering blackly. I hate to think where this might end up. It’s really sad. Totally tragic. I might even cry over that if I can psyche myself up enough.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*glowers blackly* I write stories, @Daeus. I have no wish to become one.
That would be a great story though… 😉
*sigh* Only a writer…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ah, but it’d make such a good story.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! Believe me @Daeus, I am not about to let a mad scientist anywhere near my precious brain. Thank you very much.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sure @kate-flournoy. I’ll pray for your recovery too. I’d just advise you don’t reprogram any of the good parts of your brain.
… and don’t let a mad scientist reprogram your brain.
I guess Tessa’s back, so the writing corner will go on. Speaking of which, @bluejay, did you mean 10:00 my time or your time?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats!? Ugh… 😉 I’ve always envied you guys over there the platypus, though. 😀 Good work on the poem. You listed such a random bunch of stuff, and yet it wove a completely coherent picture. I love it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh and @kate-flournoy, your poem really good. I like it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay, I’ll go next. I wrote about my beautiful homeland, Australia.
I’m Proud To Be Australian
By BlueJaySmallest continent in the world,
And yet the biggest island.
Discovered by Captain Cook –
I’m proud to be Australian.The native men all carried spears,
And worked with boomerangs.
Then convicts came and made this home –
I’m proud to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thank you @Bluejay.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I think I’m brave enough to have a dare. I’m always looking for new story ideas. *squeezes eyes shut* Okay, dare away.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy sounds kinda scary. But my prayers will be with you. And I know that the out come is in God’s hands.
@daeus I may be around at 10 or 10:30. I’ll tag you if I can write. -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Take me down if I’m breaking a rule somewhere… 😛
Okay, the contest is ended. We have our three winners, and beautiful winners they are. Congratulations to the writers of those winners— you’ve inspired me. Inspired us all, I’m sure.
Now that the contest is over, I’m curious as to which of you entered it, and equally curious to read your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I probably won’t be writing tonight. Or tomorrow. Or…well, it’s gonna be spotty for possibly a whole month. I’m undergoing sound therapy and basically completely reprogramming my brain, so I’m totally exhausted. All my creative juices are sapped for the time being.
I may, however, get surges of inspiration—or just get so sick with…[Read more] -
Hannah R. started the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Because I have time today, and I don’t always have time, I’m actually going to start another topic. This one, as the title might hint, is on writing dares.
If anyone has ever done NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), you may have heard of writing dares. Basically, their purpose is to jog the imagination. They can help get you through a dry…[Read more] -
Hannah R. replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hi @timothy-young! So glad you’ve joined Kingdom Pen! I think it’s fantastic how international this site is– I know there are people from Australia, Singapore, etc. I’ve been interested in mission work but am waiting to see where God is leading me… I really wanted to be a medical missionary in Africa or India about a year ago, but now I’m…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thank you all so much for your suggestions! In answer to your questions:
@ingridrd , the original way I wrote the series was that every book was in third person, and different groups of characters were in different places doing different things but all a part of the same story (think Lord of the Rings… love your profile pic, by the way!) But…[Read more] - Load More
