@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
So looking forward to this! 😀 I’ve been trying to read some Sherlock Holmes for a long while. xD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m writing tonight… as I have said, I am operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato (and the energy quotient of an amoeba) but I can’t stand it any longer. I have to write.
Or at least try to write. 😛
Are you writing tonight?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus good idea.
That is, it would be if I even remembered what I was thinking when I wrote that. I am currently operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato.
I believe, however, that I was referring somewhat to foreshadowing.
And for the rest, I simply meant that the beginning should set up the ending. I should have clarified that— I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page.
*Scratches head* @kate-flournoy Perhaps you’d either like to remove that statement or expound on it’s hidden brilliance.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, guys, have fun! I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip this one @Daeus. Life is being its typical annoying self and getting in the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
No. That’s not fair. I totally agree with everything @Daeus said. You have my sincerest condolences and sympathies, @Jadamae.
The solution to the climax of every single book should exist from the very first page— and we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page. It doesn’t have to be obvious. But it has to be…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sign of Four sounds great. If it’s stand alone, I’m good with it. The ebook is free. You can get a free audio version here: https://librivox.org/the-sign-of-the-four-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/ (seems like it’d be better for analyzing to read it though.) Chances are you can get it at the library too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sign of Four sounds great. If it’s stand alone, I’m good with it. The ebook is free. You can get a free audio version here: https://librivox.org/the-sign-of-the-four-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus Sorry I didn’t respond until now. I was at a drama workshop all day. 🙂
I suggested Sign of Four because it was the only Sherlock Holmes novel haven’t read yet. However, if the people who haven’t read Sherlock Holmes think reading Sign of Four would be confusing as it isn’t the first novel in the series, then let’s read A Study in…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay
I accept the dare!
My profile is Arwen (how do you spell it?) from LOTR. 🙂 -
Daeus replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@jadamae Yes. You were cheated. I’m so sorry that happened to you. The problem isn’t so much that the victory was simple, but that the victory had nothing to do with the plot. I was actually just thinking about how the climax in pride and prejudice was actually incredibly simple. Elizabeth figures out that she has been mistreating Darcy and she…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That sounds really neat. I’m sure I’d do it if I didn’t already have too much writing going on already. If I added on that, it’d be like having a full-time job. sooooo, yeah, sorry. Can’t do.
… But, if I work hard enough on my current writing projects, I might be able to do NaNoWriMo this fall. It’s November, right? I’m really wanting to do…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
If anyone is interested, you can sign up here: https://campnanowrimo.org/sign_in
And here’s the official ‘about’ information: http://campnanowrimo.org/about
If there are people here who are interested, I could set up a Kingdom Pen cabin. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus It’s kind of like NaNo month (where you write a novel in one month…or at least 40,000 words) but there are two camps in the summer. One in May (I think) and one in July. You can set your own word goal, from 5000 words and for the month. Then you can join a ‘cabin’ with ten(?) other writers and you post your word counts each day and there…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Eh, what’s this?
-
Hope Ann started the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Anyone doing Camp NaNo in July? I decided I was going to, so I’m wondering anyone else is and, if you are, if you have a cabin already or not (I need to find one to join).
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Alrighty, everybody. I’ve tallied up all the votes and the one with the most points is …..
………
….Sign Of Four!!!
(I always wanted to read a sherlock story)
Now this leaves us with one question. It appears this is one of the later stories and it was suggested that we read A Study In Scarlet instead because it was an earlier one. Of…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rose Actually, I already came up with a story idea, but I’ll keep that in mind if I need another one later.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Right-o, Catty-o
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Righto-o, Catty-o
- Load More
